Update

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Update

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:57 am

Going to new ID Dr tomorrow. I am up to 204 pounds! I have been working out very hard and taking supps and protein shakes again for about 5 months.I have found that Peanut Butter, Honey, Banana, Milk(or substitute), and Creatine shakes put the muscle on fast when I work out. Weight lifting and running keep me sane.Now, thru all this I will flare up, see the telltale signs, beat it back with vanco and move on. I have severe cramping with mine, especially for hours in the mornings. It does not matter what I eat or what probiotics I take or don't take, cramping has been a constant thru my two years. Pain meds in the morning cut it down to about 50% so I can work, then go to gym in afternoon and have a life. That is where i am now, doing OK, going forward. My youngest boy just went to Air Force basic training yesterday so that was emotional event for our family. I want to see this new ID Dr to see if he has any new ideas or concurs with some that i have on treatment and is willing to do it. I have been accepted to Shands hospital in Gainesville but for many reasons I cannto go into have
not gone there yet. I follow on the board but have not posted lately. GOD BLESS ALL!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Update

Postby beth22 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:03 pm

Glad to hear you are doing ok and I hope you get some answers from the new ID. I will be seeing my old ID tomorrow and see what he recommends for me at this point. My flare-ups so far can be beat back by Pepto Bismol, but I can't do that forever. I dread the day if I ever need an antibiotic for something else. Keep us posted on how things go. You're in my prayers.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Re: TO VIKING

Postby cindym » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:47 pm

Just a quick reply to your post. You might try eating a piece of fruit every evening (orange or apple) and especially a peach (which is no longer available here and worked the best!). It seems if you keep things flowing regularly the cramping stops completely. I started eating fruit knowing it does not set well on my stomach but only having one piece once a day I truly believe stopped my cramping. It only happens rarely now. Also......never carbonated drinks or popcorn! Good luck
Cindy

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”