Pancreatitis

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Pancreatitis

Postby anlockwood » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:12 pm

Feeling a little like breaking into tears right now. I have been having severe upper abdominal pain for 4 days now and some nausea. I figured it was IBS as it was the same as all my IBS bouts only pretty severe. Went to the dr and she did blood work. She called back to tell me it is early stages of Pancreatitis. I am now on a clear liquids diet for the entire weekend and back to the dr on Monday for more tests. I don't much info yet on what this entails but it scares me quite a bit. This stuff can be pretty nasty. Explains why I have been continoulsy losing weight without trying. I am pretty sure this has been the cause all along of my pain. I just am really frustrated and scared because looking into it, if it has been the cause all along then it is chronic pancreatitis which there is no cure for. It becomes a life long thing. Like many others, I had no problems before c diff and now it looks like I have two wonderful nasty things to look forward to the rest of my life. Just bummed at the moment! :-(

Amanda

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:16 pm

So sorry to hear that Amanda. The doctor was looking for that with me too post c diff. They didn't find it, but I read that vanco can hurt the pancreas. Did you take vanco at all? With me they came up with possible pancreatic insufficiency and said the treatment for pancreatic problems is to take enzymes with your food. Hang in there. Maybe it won't be chronic and you'll just have to watch what you eat. You're in my prayers.

Beth

sangeeta
Regular User

Postby sangeeta » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:15 pm

Amanda,

It breaks my heart to see you go through this, you are such a wonderful person and have always been there for everyone. A very trying period for you but Trust in God Amanda He will see you through this. Like Beth I do hope it is not chronic. I hope your husband is around and is not on one of his tours. Do take care of yourself!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”