When is it our turn? (venting)

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Suezer
Long Time Contributor

When is it our turn? (venting)

Postby Suezer » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:03 am

Lately a few who have recovered from C Diff have re-visited here, due to they suddenly are faced with one infection or the other, and they are terrified. Can anyone blame them?!!

This is EXACTLY why we need a vaccine..the recurrent mind wracking fear of relapse it seems is more debilitating at times than the actual disease.
The fact that a swine flu vaccine is around the corner is good, but when the(bleep) is it our turn?

I truly just feel for those who are having to face antibiotics again, and all of us..the very thing, an antibiotic, which is intended to cure and/or save our lives is the one thing we must avoid, a seemingly impossible task..

I know there is some sort of vaccine trial going on, but is there really a chance this will come to be or is this just a pipe dream that will never come to fruition? For the sake of all of us, and those who in the future could be effected by this beast I hope it comes sooner than later!
Hoping for a cure.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:11 am

I'm optimistic that the vaccine will come about. The company that is testing it is a French pharmaceutical company that specializes in vaccines and I'm assuming that they are putting money into this and will hope to get money out of it down the road. The idea they have is to market this vaccine to be used to immunize patients in nursing homes and hospitals. From what I have read it would also help those already infected. It is a phase II trial going on in the UK that started last year for 600+ patients. I keep going to google to see if there is anything new, but so far nothing. Would be great to get a vaccine and not have to worry about every infection we ever get from now on, wouldn't it?

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”