Swollen lymph nodes in back of neck

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Swollen lymph nodes in back of neck

Postby anlockwood » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:35 pm

I was just looking to see if anyone else had any experience with this. I just noticed tonight that I have lymph nodes in the back of my neck that are fairly swollen. I am not sick and don't feel sick so I am not sure what is going on. I will call the dr tomorrow but was curious if anyone else had had this.

Amanda

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:04 pm

I had that a long time ago and it was a virus. Are the nodes only on one side or on both? If it is on both it is more likely to be a virus. Once I had some on one side and I had some type of break out on my scalp - like sebborhea or something and the dermatologist gave me a cream to put on it and both went away. You would probably have noticed it you had anything on your head though. Best to call the doctor to check.

Brittany
Regular User

Postby Brittany » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:23 pm

For the past 2 weeks I have had a swollen lymph node on the front of my neck above my left collar bone. It seems to be very slowly going away, but I am keeping a close eye on it. I

've not heard or read anywhere that this could be related to cdiff, though it is interesting. If it's not gone in 2 more weeks I do plan to go get it checked out. Normally, the lymph nodes swell when your white blood cell count is high which indicated that your body is working hard to fight infection somewhere. Luckily, I don't feel sick either or I would be worried to death about antibiotics! Do you still have them now?

anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Postby anlockwood » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Lol, nope that one has gone down considerably and then on Tuesday of this week one on the side of my face popped up. Had a tooth removed yesterday as I believe it was infected and causing the swelling. Only time will tell. I did go the dr on Tuesday and she said just about anything can cause them to swell. Even a scratch or if you hit the area hard enough. They are pretty sensitive little boogers. From what I have learned as long as them move, are not red and don't worsen it is not a big deal. THey can take a while to return to normal.

sangeeta
Regular User

Postby sangeeta » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:41 pm

I have had one lymph node slightly swollen on the side of the neck for the past two years and another lymph node on the neck almost two inches under the chin for the past two months. Like Amanda mentioned my doctor was also of the opinion that as long as they moved and did not grow bigger in size it was o.k. Just told me to watch for any changes in them.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”