Hohum

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Hohum

Postby anlockwood » Wed May 06, 2009 12:48 pm

Well I woke up this morning in unbearable pain in my abdomen. I took some bentyl, advil and zantac right away. The severe pain susided to moderate pain and now I have severe nausea, chills, scratchy throat and just feel like death warmed over. Of course this would happen on the week my husband is in Washington DC so I am trying to take care of the baby and not keel over. I am not too concerned it is swine flu or anything like that but I do think I have probably picked up a flu bug. I am trying so hard not to pass it on to my baby but it is hard when I am the only one holding him and feeding him and doing all that good stuff. Anyways feels very alone when you are ill and your significant other is out of town so I thought I would vent to you guys because you have always been so supportive. Thanks so much for listening!

Amanda

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Wed May 06, 2009 9:21 pm

Sorry to read that you are feeling ill. It sure does make things harder when you are alone !! Take good care of yourself, take some immune boosting vitamins and drink some tea :) I hope things improve for you.
Hoping for a cure.

sks001
Regular Contributor

Postby sks001 » Wed May 06, 2009 10:39 pm

Amanda - Don't you have 3 grown kids around 20 years old living with you that could help take care of the baby and let you rest which is what you probably need right now? Or how about a relative, neighbor or friend that could pitch in and keep your son for a couple days so he doesn't catch whatever you have. Sure don't need him getting sick too. Just an idea.

Hope you feel better real soon. Take care of yourself!
Sandy
Southeast Michigan

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away".

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu May 07, 2009 1:11 am

Amanda,
My husband traveled all the time when my kids were little so it was always "just me." Lonely and scary.

Hang in there. Our thoughts are with you. Thanks for all your insightful posts on the site. You help others so we want to help you.

anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Postby anlockwood » Thu May 07, 2009 8:25 am

Thanks so much everyone! My stomach is seems to be doing much better this am(don't want to jinx it lol)! I am just trying to get through the day one at a time and nothing more. I really do appreciate the support of everyone on here, you really are lifesavers.

As far as the older kids taking care of the baby, lol, it would never happen. They are my brother and sister in law and his girlfriend. We actually asked my sister-in-law to stay somewhere else because of ongoing drama and she is now 20. Anyways, brother-in-law doesn't even touch baby because drool freaks him out. He literally gags, its quite amusing. I got through it ok and am just going to keep pushing forward. Thats all we can do on a bad day.

I actually think the pain/nausea was a horrific bout of ibs. I want to explain this for those who are recovering so they know what can be normal for some. My ibs is off and on but usually doesn't not include D anymore. It is severe pain and what feels like swelling in my colon. We are talking pain to the point of not being able to move and breathing being excruciating. I also get severe nausea with it sometimes, such as yesterday where I didn't eat until last night. I had a hotdog the night before ( I don't know what I was thinking) and was taking 1000 mg of vitamin c and I think the 2 together just did me in.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue May 12, 2009 1:59 am

Amanda,
Glad you are feeling better. l,000 mg. of Vit C. is a lot & could have caused your problems. Sometimes, however, there just "ain't no reason" for bouts of IBS. Don't beat yourself up over it. You have to "live." Enjoy an occasional hot dog!

There is "new" type of Vit. C -- believe it's called Ester of Vit. C. that is supposed to be easier on the GI tract. Check with your pharmacist re. it.

anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Postby anlockwood » Tue May 12, 2009 8:10 am

Thanks Bobbie, I will definitely look into that Ester of vitamin C. I would really like to take vitamin C to give my immune system a jumpstart. I was feeling great the first four days taking it. Then the IBS kicked in and haven't been able to take it since. Your right for the no rhyme or reason for the IBS sometimes. The IBS has yet to clear so just waiting it out.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”