Attention to Swine Flu!

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
mssaint
New User

Attention to Swine Flu!

Postby mssaint » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:33 pm

Can you believe all the attention to Swine Flu? 300,000 cases of c-diff yearly and thousands of deaths, and very little attention paid to it. Yesterday's Oprah program featured MRSA along with another flesh-eating disease (rare), and NOTHING on c-diff. Amazing! Guess govt doesn't want to clean up its hospitals and nursing facilities, but most of all, they don't want to offend the pharmaceutical industry, which lobbies our legislature very aggressively!

I've been c-diff free since 2006, but am still very careful about diet and antibiotic use. Gratefully, I have not been ill since my experience with c-diff in 2005 because of overuse of antibiotics after dental work.

Thanks for listening.
Joan.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat May 02, 2009 1:50 pm

Joan,
Thx. for posting. We don't have many "returnees" to the site. It's nice to hear from one & find out how you are doing "post" C. diff.

Hundred/thousands of people have "come & gone through the years. Makes working on this site more & more nrewarding." It's "Bam, sllam thank you Mam." "Thank you's" are few, complaints are many.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:35 pm

I recently read an article in some magazine that said that the swine flu is expected to gain strength into the fall! They are recommending everyone to take probiotics to build up their immune systems this summer into fall. I guess I will go back to taking the reuteri as it is the only one I tolerate.
Cindy

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”