Just venting

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Just venting

Postby anlockwood » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:41 pm

I just needed to vent. My son, is now post c diff from his first relapse 78 days, which is awesome. However yesterday he decided to chew on the wall and I mean literally. We found white powder around his mouth and found the corner of the wall misisng paint. Well today the D kicked in and I am praying it is from that, although I have no idea how drywall/paint chips affects stomach bacteria(probably not a good thing). I just needed to vent because everytime I go to change his diaper and find the D my stress level just shoots throw the roof. It is so hard with a 1 year old who throws his hands in his diaper and then if it comes out of the diaper it gets on clothing and everything else. It really stresses me out and of course the worry is always in the back of my mind about c diff. His first relapse was at 73 days out. I just pray and I pray alot and I try to keep sound mind but what I want more then anything in this life is for my kids to be okay. I just want them to be healthy and happy so it breaks my heart everytime there is D because the worry that he might battle it again kicks in. ARGHHH! Thanks for just letting me vent, I needed to do it!!
Amanda

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:28 pm

Maybe call the doctor and see if there any poison in the drywall and paint? or the poison control number. If the D doesnt stop I would probably check it out. After I had cdiff I would freak out if my kids got the D..

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:53 pm

Amanda:

I've seen a couple similar situations on calls that we've responded to. The "D" could very well just the body trying to purge the paint/ drywall chips from the GI system. I'd definately contact your Doctor is it doesn't slow down and / or you see blood in the "d". Remember that "d" is a very common event for toddlers. I know that it's hard not to panic.

Hope things settle down quickly

Fire

sks001
Regular Contributor

Postby sks001 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:16 am

Amanda - I agree with Fire and his experiences, but it you're really stressing and worried, I'd call your doctor or the National Poison Control Hotline ... 1-800-222-1222.

My heart goes out to you. It's bad enough on us adults to have C-Diff, but to see your baby suffer through it twice must be a nightmare.

Sounds like you have your hands full. I did have to smile a bit at the thought of eating paint/drywall - had never heard of that before. Parents put locks on their cabinets & closets, plugs in empty electrical sockets, pad around coffee/end tables so don't fall & hurt themselves, etc., etc., etc. But who would even think about having to put up clear plastic guards on every wall corner in your home to keep kids from chewing on them - lol.

Hope you post back that everything turned out ok !!!
Sandy
Southeast Michigan

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away".

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:36 am

Amanda,
Think he'll be OK - shouldn't cause a relapse of C. diff., but if you are worried call the ped. on call.

This little one must keep you running!

anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Postby anlockwood » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:47 pm

Lol... yes chewing drywall is one for the books. I did call the dr to make sure no toxic issues to worry about and she said she didn't think so but first time they had ever heard of a child doing that. Only my guy would think to chew on corners and repeatedly. He is doing good now so I guess his body was just purging it. I never really thought he was relasping just makes my stomach a stressed mess everytime a bad diaper comes up. Thanks everyone for the support and the smiles!!
Amanda

skipperndallas
Regular User

Postby skipperndallas » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:12 am

maybe it's a cure for Cdiff . Could be Jr is mopping up the rest of the cdiff with drywall therapy. LoL wheres my knife and fork? Seriously I hope he's okay. wouldn't hurt to call the doc and when all else fails and you get nervous there's always the three day rule.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”