Nervous about colonoscopy and it's not COVERED UGH

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Nervous about colonoscopy and it's not COVERED UGH

Postby jenkelly15 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:31 pm

So I'm going for my colonoscopy tomorrow. So nervous it will give me c-diff back it's been almost 6 months off the vanco and I don't want to start at square 1 again. My doctor assured me that the prep work does not do anything to your good bacteria I hope she is right. Now, they called to tell me it's not covered there goes 5000 grand. They are not covering it because I have new insurance since the c-diff and they said anything colon related would not be covered for a year. This sucks not only do I have to be so petrified to do this procedure, but now I have to be stressed out about the cost too. Sorry to vent needing to get it off my chest was crying before. Anyway, it's nice to be back and I hope everyone is doing well. Hopefully, we'll here about more people being rid of c-diff soon!!!

ClDif
Regular Contributor

Postby ClDif » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi jenkelly,

do you really need to do the colo? Why are you doing it? Just for peace of mind? If only for that, I wouldn't spend that much money personally...

I had a colo after c diff and was just fine. Actually felt better for weeks afterwards, stomach-wise...

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:05 am

JenKelly- unless you are continually having problems I personally would wonder WHY they would want to do another colonoscopy at this point in time. I, myself would not want to rock the boat! Most likely they are just wanting to be sure it is gone but in my opinion (and it is just that- an opinion) as long as you are not symptomatic and feeling okay---why bother?
Cindy

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:43 am

Cindy thanks for the advice. I actually never had one before I just found out I had c-diff through stool samples. It's really not to check if I have c-diff I don't think I do I don't have any c-diff symptoms like D or anything. BUt I have been having some issues, so my doctor wants to make sure it is nothing serious. She said any time you have a change in your bowel it's always good to look and makes sure it's nothing serious. My only change was that I feel like I have to go after I am done and some stomach cramping, but she still said she wanted to make sure. Anyway, thanks for you advice. I'm almost done with the prep work and it hasn't been that bad amazingly enough. Hopefully, I'll get good news today my appointment isn't until 3, which is kind of annoying.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:38 am

I dont know if I would of done it either but it is nice to know whats going on. I had no problemsafter the first 3 then after the fourth I felt like I had the flu for a couple weeks. Good luck and let us know how you did.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:19 pm

Good luck but in all probability it is just IBS. But the doctor is right it is best TO KNOW.
Cindy

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:32 pm

Thanks Cindy yeah she wanted to be sure, which is always best I think. So everything was clear on the colonoscopy, but she did do a biopsy the tissue I guess just to be 100% because she told my husband I am to anxious. She wanted to be able to prove to me everything was fine I guess. I was confused because I was so out of it afterward I couldn't believe how fast you fall asleep. I just remember seeing pictures of everything and it was all clear except internal hemmoroids, which I figured I had years ago. Anyway, thanks for the help everyone you guys are great!!!

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:38 pm

Totally agree with Cindy it sounds like IBS to me. I also agree that the Dr is right it is best to know.

I had IBS before Cdiff and now have it even worse then I did before Cdiff ( although it has gotten better). I have that exact same symptom the feeling of incompletion and cramping. I hope that all goes well, let us know how things go.

Good Luck :o)
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:34 pm

Hey guys this is a silly question, but I wanted to ask my doc but was too out of it after the colonoscopy and of course she was out of the office Friday. If there was any c-diff left would she have been able to see it on the colonoscopy if anyone knows the answer to this it would be appreciated? Thanks!!!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:56 pm

jankelly,
Don't know -- probably, esp. since he/she did biopsies. The worst form of C. diff. (psuedo. mem. colitis) shows white plaques. A colonscopy also shows other problems.

Good luck.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”