Clorox Wipes

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Zoe
New User

Clorox Wipes

Postby Zoe » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:20 pm

I bought a container of Clorox wipes, I figured it would be easier to wipe down the toilet, sink, door knob etc. than having to use bleach water and paper towels every time.

Well guess what??? Clorox wipes DO NOT CONTAIN BLEACH!!! Argh! In VERY small print on the bottom of the container it says "bleach free". I am glad I noticed before it became my best friend. That is a very sneaky ploy because most people (obviously me included) associate the Clorox name with bleach.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:22 am

Zoe,
Always read the "fine print." Remember, the company is selling something. It & others like advertise the "disinfection" properties. Read the fine print on those claims.

I use Chlorox wipes on my kitchen counters but not in my bathroom.

Zoe
New User

Postby Zoe » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:32 pm

Wow, your suppose to leave the bleach water on for 15 minutes?? I have been doing that wrong also! Thanks for the info.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:13 am

In normal homes using bleach and good sense will be good enough to prevent spread of cdiff. Handwashing, paper towels in bathroom and throw away toilet cleaning heads are essential.
Cindy

Motherof2
New User

Postby Motherof2 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:25 am

Also...clorox makes a bleach-containing drop in (not blue)
for your toilet. Sanitizes with every flush. You still have to clean every time but it makes me feel more confident knowing my toilet is always full of bleach-water =)
Mother of 2

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”