HELP I think I'm relasping

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

HELP I think I'm relasping

Postby jenkelly15 » Sun May 04, 2008 12:31 pm

It's been 7 weeks today, and I finally was thinking I was in the clear, and then I went and stopped Florastor like an idiot. Now, this morning I had 2 soft BM's and my stomach is feeling weird again. I don't know what i'm going to do if I am relapsing!!! What does anyone think???

WOWOWOW
Regular User

Postby WOWOWOW » Sun May 04, 2008 3:52 pm

Remember the 3 Day Rule. I also swore I was relapsing a few weeks back. G.I. Rx a month of Vanco for another Taper that I never started. Have not taken any vanco for over 4 wks. Some days are better than others but slowly can tell I am getting better. A freind of mine who had colon cancer once told me "the colon is too dumn to tell whether it is getting sick or getting better." Of course you should contact your Dr.

ClDif
Regular Contributor

Postby ClDif » Sun May 04, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi jenkelly,

I agree, try and wait it out. I have been wrong swearing I was relapsing quite a few times myself. And if you do relapse, we'll all be here to advise you on what to do which you probably know yourself anyway. If it happens, it happens and it will be tough and annoying, but you'll deal with it and beat it eventually! It's all going to be allright! As stereotypie as it sounds... You've dealt with it so far and you will should this go on!

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Sun May 04, 2008 4:04 pm

Thanks so much guys. Well so far I have been okay since the last BM, so I am hoping it was just a bad day. It's just I have been so good for so long that I totally freaked out like you wouldn't believe started crying and felt so scared all over again. I just don't want to go through that again not even for me but because of my 6 month old son. I want to be 100% for him from now on, and I don't want c-diff to ruin that again!!! Anyway, thanks for your caring words. I think I am getting Florastor again just until the 90 days are up since I was doing so well. I REALLY REALLY hope it's just a bad day and tomorrow I'll be fine. Thanks again so much!!!

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Sun May 04, 2008 8:08 pm

the percentages odds are with you it is just an upset tummy try and be positive IF NOT forget about it period do something to take your mind off it EACH and everytime I get the Big D I am like oh noooooooooo but I tell myself NOT gonna happen just a bug upset tummy !!!!

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Sun May 04, 2008 8:56 pm

Oh my gosh I'm a TOTAL mess. I just was out to dinner with my family and I had to go to the bathroom it was even worse this time and now my stomach is hurting me. What am I going to do??? I am a wreck I can't afford to lose anymore weight I am already 90 pounds and I don't want to not be healthy enough to take care of my son this is so AWFUL!!! I don't know how I'm going to deal with it if I am relapsing. What if I don't make it this time I'm so SCARED and my husband doesn't understand at all. He thinks I'm being crazy, but I just feel so scared. Why would I be relapsing now 7 weeks later off the vanco I thought I was finally over this!!! What's wrong with me.

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Sun May 04, 2008 9:55 pm

Jen:

Calm down, take a deep breath, relax...panic is going to not do anybody any good. The worst case scenerio is that you're relasping and the only true way to know is to do a stool sample. If you are then it's another course of vanco and you already know what to expect from that. Been there, done it numerous times. You will beat this, it just may take a little longer than you llike. We all share your fear when we get an upset stomach, which it very well may be. Just try to stay calm and see what the next couple of days bring. You most likely could be adding to your stomach issue with the stress. We'll all be here for you either way. Try to get some sleep, what's going to happen is already in play, good or bad...you can't change it by stressing, that just hurts you and those around you. You have C-diff, it can only control as much of your life as you let it.

Fire

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Sun May 04, 2008 11:42 pm

Jen
I too have been there. Many times I thought I was relapsing but waited it out and ended up fine. The nerves make it worse. Stopping the florastor could be doing it too. Your stomach might be adjusting. Use a heating pad for the pain and gas x if needed. Hang in there and try not to worry to much.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Mon May 05, 2008 1:13 am

Could be something you had eaten. I have episodes if I eat raw veggies or salads of any kind. Just calm down and realize that if you do relapse you will get through it just as you did this last time. Cdiff works on you not only in your body but screws you up emotionally too. At this point I would just hope it was the dinner I had eaten. I highly suggest to you primadolphilus reuteri to stabilize your weight and help you to gain it back. I truly helped me!!
Cindy

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Mon May 05, 2008 9:18 am

Thank you guys so much I don't know what I would do without all your support. I am going to hand in a stool sample today just for peace of mind either way. I haven't went since yesterday at around 6, but my stoamch is still hurting me. I am really nervous, but I will feel better once I know either way. I am jsut going to start the Florastor again because maybe it made me relax a little more. Hey Cindy what is that a supplement you suggested and where would I get it?

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Mon May 05, 2008 8:26 pm

Primadolphilus reuteri is by Nature's Way and can be purchased at most natural health food stores or can be ordered on line. Google nature's way. It truly saved me when I had already lost 60 pounds and starting to fade away!
Cindy

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Wed May 07, 2008 8:35 pm

Thanks Cindy and thank you everyone for the support. So my results came back today and it was negative for c-diff. I don't think it would be a false negative since it's been 52 days off the vanco and my c-diff tested positive only 3 days off the flagyl, so I never had a negative before. What does everyone else think though? Oh yeah and does that mean I don't have any spores or does the stool sample not check for that. I guess that was just a bad day. My stomach is hurting today too, but different then when I had c-diff. I'm not sure why it is hurting. But anyway thanks again for all the support.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Wed May 07, 2008 9:59 pm

My guess is it's not a false negative. So congratulations! They do not test for spores. We can have spores forever, and that is why we will always need to be careful about taking any antibiotics. For the pain, have you tried a heating pad?

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Wed May 07, 2008 10:08 pm

I agree with Nancy I still get stomach pains. I take gas x for it and use a heating pad. It helps alot. Congrats on the negative test result!!

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Wed May 07, 2008 10:08 pm

No that's a good idea though. It actually stopped hurting. Yeah I think it's a good sign that it came out negative so long after the vanco. Hopefully, I will not need any antibitocs for a long time I hope!!! Thanks Nancy.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”