What cdiff can do to a marriage!

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Wed May 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Roy:

I believe the term they prefer to use is "Loving us to death " Ironic isn't it, and I'm sure that the large amounts of life insurance is never a consideration....

Fire

Karien
Regular User

Postby Karien » Wed May 14, 2008 8:53 pm

Now, who's the weaker sex here?
Karien

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Wed May 14, 2008 9:18 pm

weaker ??? I'll argue that point...but what do I know...My buddies and I run into burning buildings for a living !!

Fire

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed May 14, 2008 11:56 pm

fire,
We don't want to turn the site into a "man bashing" picnic. Men are better & stronger at some things; women are superior in other areas.

I've always admired fire fighters. I've read quite a few women are now in your profession. True?

Thx. for your help on the site. You've always been a great help to others.

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Thu May 15, 2008 12:18 am

Bobbie:

Very priviledged to know and work with some incredible women in the Fire Service. They pull their own weight and are a great asset to us, and they also run into burning buildings right next to us.

Fire

marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Thu May 15, 2008 8:42 am

Awesome post Fire - as a female (and retired military/VFW member) that post just made me smile huge. And ditto on Bobbie's post - you are a great help to many of us on this site. Cheers!
"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac....."

Motherof2
New User

Postby Motherof2 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:59 pm

I am on my sixth round of c-diff and so far my husband is very supportive. I got mad at him a few times because when I would tell hiim it was back he seems more "annoyed" with it than me. I can't say I blame him and he has been loooking for any help we can get since the begininng but I think it does get old because we have a 1 year old and a 2 1/2 year old and when I am sick he has to do everything after work like he is a single parent. I had a pity party for him =)
Mother of 2

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:01 am

Mother of 2- You just have to learn not to take the eye rolling and "sick of it" attitude personally. I have dealt with a husband that was very supportive in the beginning (as he had no choice) to a husband now that just ignores (or tries to) my sick days and feeling bad days. This has been going on in our house now for 7 years and TIRED IS NOT THE WORD for him........but he needs to stop and think about how I feel. I have developed Reactive arthiritis as a result of the gut bacterial infection and suffer from that as well. I have lots of bad days and have just learned within the last year (after enduring 6 years of emotional abuse) that I refuse to make excuses for this illness, as I did not ask for it nor is it my fault I got it. I also have determined that NO ONE cares how I feel and only I can pamper myself on the days I feel rotten----and I do! I guess what I am saying is it is what it is-----VICIOUS and I do what I have to do and what I can do and I quit apologizing for being ill---------Feel alot better now! hang in there
Cindy

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”