just venting

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

just venting

Postby jenkelly15 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:22 pm

I'm so scared my last day on vanco was Sunday and I was doing really well. I had been taking the pill every 5th day for a couple weeks and having virtually no problems. Now, today I am not feeling that well and had 3 BM's it hasn't even been the full 4 days that usually are in between the vanco, so I'm petrified I am relapsing. I don't know how to handle it if I relapse again. I just want this nightmare to be over. I never felt so scared and alone as I do since I got this. I just want to take care of my 4 month old and put all this behind me. I just don't know what I will do if I relapse and how I will take care of my son. I hope I'm just having a bad day. Sorry for the rambling but I just needed to get this off my chest and no one else understands why I am so scared. Thanks to everyone for all the support this website has been the only thing keeping me somewhat sane!!!

WOWOWOW
Regular User

Postby WOWOWOW » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:21 pm

I have had many similar days. Try to remain calm and follow the "3 day rule"Try to look to the future when this will be a bad memory. You will beat this.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:30 pm

jankelly,
C. diff. is a very lonely disease. When my son had it & when I had it many years later, few know about it. There was no support group!

Everyone has the same fears. Read some of FAQ --esp. Ten Commandments of Surviving C. difficile & Coping With C. diff. & Emotional Effects of C. diff.

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:16 am

take your pro B's eat healthy RIHGT now1 Wait three day ruke the next few MONTHS could be a roller coaster as it was for ke just like you are describing...the worse part about it was a day or so of D and almost daily nausea for well after three four months! Hot Tea! likely hekped me alot I have three a day!!!

Karien
Regular User

Postby Karien » Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:20 am

Hi Jen,
it is really scary this illness. I totally agree with you. What helps me is to get my mind off this thing.
Do something positiv like seeing a friend or as the Vike says have a nice cup of tea.
You can't help thinking about your tummy 24/7 it seems. That can drive you crazy sometimes. So I go for walks with my dog a lot, no matter how miserable I feel and that gets my mind off it.
That is the trick though, get distracted and as time goes on, you are a day closer to victory. Start counting!
All the best + happy Easter!
Karien

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:09 pm

Thank you so much to all of you. Bobbie I don't know how you dealed with this illness without this support site. I'm so happy you and your son are both better now. Thank you all for your kind words. That is exactly what it is like a rollercoaster. Well today is day 6 off the medication so far so good. Don't want to get my hopes up yet though I know I have a long road before I can relax. Does anyone know exactly when you can finally stop worrying? I know some people say 90 days, but I was wondering if it could be any shorter actually hoping LOL! Thank you all so much again. You guys are all so wonderful and I'm so happy for everyone who can say they are c-diff free!!! This site has helped my anxiety so much because when I have a bad day I at least know their is someone for me to talk to about the c-diff issues. Thanks again.

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:41 am

Jen:

Hang in there, it's quite possible that the worst is over for you. You will get a little better and stronger each day. It's sometimes really hard to notice, but keep track of the little gains, like no "d" and fewer Bm's....they all add up to making progress. Try to push yourself to be a little more active and try to get a little more exercise. It may be difficult at first, but when it gets easier you know that you're gaining ground. It's not going to be a smooth trip, you will stumble and slip back a time or two. Just don't get frustrated and give up. It took you awhile to get this sick, it's going to take some time for your body to heal and realize that it's well. It's just like climbing a tall building, one step at a time....don't worry about where you've been, or how far it is to the top, just the next step

Fire

jenkelly15
Regular Contributor

Postby jenkelly15 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:49 pm

Yeah well I haven't had a BM in 3 days, which was what I use to be like before c-diff. I'm not going to get to happy yet though because I've only been off the vanco for 7 days. I'm hoping however this is a good sign that maybe I am on my way to getting better. Thanks again everyone and HAPPY EASTER to all of you!!!!!!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”