Free email adresses banned? That's not good at all!

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
markjs
New User

Free email adresses banned? That's not good at all!

Postby markjs » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:47 am

Wow am I PISSED. Mostly at C-Diff and the medical establishment's refusal to admit they don't know their head from their a** on the subject. Secondarily I am pissed because I am on SSI disability and the government will not help me pay for possible naturopathic cures and I live in a hippie town where that would be available if I only had the money....

But then I finally find this site and I try to join it and I am banned before I get started! You see I live on the west coast and my ISP is "Qwest". They do not offer email adresses with their service, and many other ISPs are following suit becase so many people (me included) prefer free accounts because they are anonymous and you don't have to store email on your computer, meaning you can check the email from anywhere and also, when and if your hard drive crashes you won't lose all your email.

So I almost could not join this site and I have suffered with c-diff since I was 3 years old! Luckily I remembered that the other day I found out that an ISP I had three years ago, never cancels people's email adresses. I would have had to wait two days to get on this site had I not discovered this earlier because when I set it up on my computer I had several thousand spam emails to download before I could even get the confirmation email! As it is I had to wait 20 minutes or so for all the spam to download.

I realize you may have problems with certain people and perhaps you ban some and they come back with a new free email account, but to ban free email addresses will cause a lot of people who may really need this site to not have access to it. I URGE you to PLEASE change this policy. I assure you in 10 years it will be almost unheard of for people to have an email adress from their ISP and everyone will be likely on free accounts. I know several thousands if not million(s) on Qwest DSL do not have email accounts except free online ones.

I don't want to come off as a pest on my first post but 35 years is a damn long time to suffer from this and I think I really need this place and I hate to think of how many people might not be able to access this because of a few bad seeds. I know some people can really be pests but it's a damn shame if so many might be denied access because of a minor annoyance.

markjs
New User

Postby markjs » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:39 am

Sorry I see now that the problem is bots?!? Doesn't the verification thing stop the bots? Perhaps you could try the CAPTCHA project people (the original ones), because there really are a lot of people with no other email options.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”