My Pursuit of happyness

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
skipperndallas
Regular User

My Pursuit of happyness

Postby skipperndallas » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:44 pm

I've come to the conclusion I have low level cdiff . I have D atleast once a week, and the days I don't are far from normal. i'm studying for my series 7 (broker ) and nothing seems to go my way. I Have nausea atlest four times a week. And I have to pass this test or I'm canned!!!!! i wish I could get my body under control or maybe just this doggone bacteria. I've been off xifaxin since oct first and did four FI's then. I'm a operational cdiff-fighter. I just don't know who to go to. I am currently goin to no doctors. I work in a call center and am chained to a desk 8hrs a day I gotta beat this or be homeless.I have read Mary T's post and our cases are very similar. When I aint on or over the toilet I enjoy clenching my chest because of the pain (think it has to do with my gaul bladder and the rapid weight loss).But i'am still fighting .I keep telling myself i can hold out for some new pills or new meds (opt 80, replidynes the vaccine) something , anything. This differs from the first time i had this oct 2004 . back then i gave up on american docs and doc boroady's guidance and sharon cured me.The difference now is i need the antibiotics to steralize my guts and i'm to scared to take them this stinks.I just want to get better i was symptom free for over two years until i was given doxy.This is the most trying time i'm fighting two battles at once cdiff and this broker test . Maybe something will give.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:31 pm

I am really sorry to hear of your struggles. The pain sounds bad. Do a search of the site, because a number of folks have posted info recently about dealing with pain. Also, there is info about dealing with nausea. What are you taking for the pain and nausea? Good luck with your cdiff battle and your test. Let us know how it goes.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:51 am

skipperndallas,
Ddid you test positive for C. diff. again? I don't understand a lot of your post. What are "4 FI's?" Why do you need "antibiotics to steralize my guts?"

If Dr. Borody & Sharyn cured you once, why don't you contact the clinic again?

Many people develop IBS after a bout with C. diff. Could you possibly have it? See FAQ-IBS. As you know, once you have C. diff., you are at increased risk of getting it again. If you can't contact Dr. Borody, I'd try to see another GI or an ID.

Good luck. Sounds as though you are "between a rock and a hard place."

MaryT
Regular Contributor

Postby MaryT » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:09 pm

skipperndallas, your case does sound very similar to mine. I was on xifaxan for 6 months and stopped in october because I personally felt it made my symptoms worse. I am still having problems but the diarrhea is less often.

I am in a dilemma because my normal gi says it's low level cdiff but doesn't test as he said i would only get a false negative. My celiac doctor and his associates at Beth Israel Hospital in boston say it's IBS and had wanted me to try low-level antidepressants but couldn't find any that were gluten, lactose and magnesium free.

I am at the point now if I eat anything other than chicken, rice or rice pasta....I get sick 1-2 times a week. Like you I worry constantly about my job. I am a self supporting single parent; no family money to help and I work in the financial industry as well for a 'major' US financial institution and if I lose my job...I'll lose everything...and would have a very difficult time finding a job at my age.

I personally think both my docs are on to something. My stomach just doesn't work right. GI #1 says its related to bacterial levels and GI #2 says it's an IBS/motility issue. All I know is neither one of them are helping me. I am now going to try a 'progressive health' center in the Boston area where they do both traditional and holistic medicine.

I am sorry I don't have any real advise...other than I personally found the xifaxan god awful and made everything worse for me.

MaryT

skipperndallas
Regular User

venting

Postby skipperndallas » Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:22 pm

FI's =fecal infusions .Sterilizing the gut is the practice of using vanc or flagyl 10 days prior to the infusions. usually predisone is given for a month not exactlly why and during the last two weeks antibiotics then a flushing of the bowel the the FI's. Some people don't sterilize but it cuts the effectiveness to about 50% to get the 90% you have to the procedure step by step

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”