Night sweats.

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
nerenberg
New User

Night sweats.

Postby nerenberg » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:27 pm

Recently, I have awaken with night sweats. In one night, I changed my shirt 4 times. The very next morning, the D returned along with the pain and gurgling. I have been running a low grade fever off and on with chills . I called my doctor and asked him if this sweating was normal and he said he had not really experienced any patients dealing with this. He has instructed me to take my temperature when the sweating is happening and so far, my temperature has been close to normal (98.8 - 99.9 ). The D has decreased to 3x day but that weird smell is present ( sorry I know that's gross). I will be seeing him on Monday and will also learn the results of another stool culture and blood work. I am currently taking 2000mg vanco/day, probiotics, and tylenol. Anyone else ever experience this?
Emily

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:01 am

Hi and welcome to the site, nerenebrg. When you have time read the experts articles (by Dr. Borody) and also take time to read the FAQ's section.The more info you have about C-diff the easier it will be to try and deal with it.Most people recover quickly so hopefully, this will be your case.
As far as night sweats yes I had them. I actually had sweat in general most of the time but at night it would be worse. It's weird because this was one of my first symptoms but I never had a fever with C-diff. I always thought the night sweats had to do with the Flagyl because when I switched to Vanco it got better but I honestly don't know why we get them. Maybe someone else has some ideas on this. I did want to share that this is common though and you are certainly not the first one with this issue. Try not to worry too much.
I'm glad you're seeing a Dr. on Monday. Hopefully, he will have more insight.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

Christina

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:24 pm

As a longtime sufferer of cdiff I have continually off and on had night sweats. I have found that runnning a blowing fan on me and night YEAR ROUND to keep the air circulating helps tremendously. Lots of cover but the circulating air keeps the night sweats to a minimum except during relapses and then nothing helps!
Cindy

nerenberg
New User

Postby nerenberg » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:33 pm

Thank you for your replies. I feel better knowing that I'm not alone. I just saw my ID doc and learned that my stool culture was negative. haha. Luckily, he said he knows it's most likely a false negative since my symptoms are all related to c diff infection. My blood work also came back normal for WBC counts...... Again, he said it cannot be an indicator of non infection. I am now adding Nitazoxanide ( an antiprotozoal agent ) to my current 2000mg/day Vanco. I am curious to see if this helps. He has instructed me to get another CT to check out my colon if my symptoms do not improve.
Emily

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”