Drugs No Longer Needed Yet No Where to Go to Help US People!

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
cindym
Long Time Contributor

Drugs No Longer Needed Yet No Where to Go to Help US People!

Postby cindym » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:18 am

I have been told that antibiotics lose their potency after expiration date.
I think it is a shame that people have drugs that they no longer need and there is not a bank for drugs HERE IN THE US for US citizens that need them! Nothing wrong with sending them out of the country but I believe more should be done to take care of our citizens at home before sending them elsewhere. I have fought cdiff now for 6 years and have experienced shortages of vanco where I not only was fighting the illness and sick as a dog but also terrified I would not be able to find enough to keep me alive through the shortages. I think this is a disgrace!
Not only that but I personally have about 3- 90 day supplies of several different blood pressure medicines that I could not tolerate and I asked the pharmacy if I could give them back for people who had problems with $$ or no insurance.......NO WAY! I understand the reasoning with all the mean people in the world and tampering with drugs this could be a problem but there are things that could be done to eliminate that worry such as packaging pills like vanco. I could go on and on but won't! There are many horribly unfair things you never think about until chronically ill and this is just one of them!-------Sorry to rant but I felt the need!
Cindy

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

I feel.. the same way

Postby nsewell » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:12 am

Cindy
I feel the same way. I have many leftover drugs in my cupboard. I wish I could give my vanco to someone that needs it. I have 125's and 250's. I hate that I cant give it to someone that cant afford it cause my insurance paid for it. I know how much a person would rather be on that then the flagyl. I also have alot of other meds that I would try for a day or two then throw in the cupboard as well.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:36 am

nsewell- If I were younger and had more stamina and felt I could always be available when duty called........I would hit the road in protest of conditions in US regarding this issue and several others! During my 6 year battle I have found a lot to gripe about! ha! It just seems horrible for people (especially the elderly on fixed incomes) to go without meds or food in able to buy their meds when there are drugs available in almost EVERY cupboard in every household that are not being used. I am sick of RECYCLE THIS AND RECYCLE THAT for the environment when we need RECYCLE to maintain life in many cases! Prior to cdiff my husband had retired (young) and we were maintaining a wonderful fun-filled life that we had always dreamed about. Thanks to cdiff and the high cost of vanco he is now working again (FOR BETTER INSURANCE) and our lives have been turned upside down. This is a wonderful country if you are well or wealthy! If I could rid my body of this beast I might just run for PRESIDENT--------LOL
Cindy

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”