venting and whining

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
mayotte
Contributor

venting and whining

Postby mayotte » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:07 pm

GRRRRRR. I am in the process of tapering. I start one vanco a day tomorrow. I am just so tired of not being able to plan anything anymore because of the bad days. I used to be an active 54 yr. old...now i have days that I act like someone much older. I have no energy...my new name for myself is "slug woman". I still have some intestinal symptoms. I am hoping it is IBS. I do appreciate this site. It does give me hope on the days when I get discouraged, like today,( can't you tell). I think that on the days that I feel OK, I over do, trying to make up for lost time I guess. This disease is life changing. I will be so glad when it is over!!!!
My thoughts are with all of you that are still suffering, and my appreciation goes to all of you that provide encouragement.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:22 pm

mayotte,
I surely do know what you mean about this nasty disease. And not being able to plan anything. I was afraid that I might lose all my friends, because I had to cancel so many things with them. (That is, those friends I still had, who were not so afraid of cdiff that they stopped seeing me.) Either I was having lots of bathroom runs or no energy or both. I hope you beat it soon. Know that that day is coming for you. Good luck with your taper.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:54 pm

Mayotte- As a LONG TIME sufferer I can definitely relate to your dilemma and can share with you my "escape plan" for the days that I am too bushed to do much. First of all I have learned that Pepto caplets can make a world of difference to turn a miserable day into one easier to cope. If I am having great frequency I take two and wait about an hour and then go about my day. It always works to get me through. Fatigue is a horrible culprit but I have learned that lots of times it is due to mild dehydration and pouring on the gatorade will revive you sometimes. If none of the above works the TO HELL WITH IT-------act like you are a very wealthy rich person and sit on the sofa eating bon-bons (I wish) all day and keep the feet propped up. After enduring all the ups and many downs in the last 6 years I have learned your days are what YOU MAKE OF THEM. I can not tell you how many I feel that I PUSH MYSELF through.
Good luck and I hope things get better for you soon----UNTIL THEN treat yourself with kindness.
Cindy

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:06 am

Love ur attitude Cindy! You are the bomb! :)

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:29 pm

THE VIKE- Thanks, cause all that keeps me going is my undying outlook that "I AM BLESSED" no matter how crappy I feel or how awful my days are sometimes. I have healthy kids and grandkids and two exhuberant dogs that keep me young! I decided 3 years into this mess that I would NOT let it defeat me and I kinda look at it as having split personalities now! HA! One is the ole lady on her dying bed and the other is the determined rebellious young adult with the "kick ass" attitude! LOL It helps alot to be able to shift gears! LOL
Cindy

Jodie
Regular Contributor

Postby Jodie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:30 pm

Yes , cindy, you are awesome!!!

Jodie

TheVike
Long Time Contributor

Postby TheVike » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:59 pm

Hope you are feeling better Jodie!?

Jodie
Regular Contributor

Postby Jodie » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:49 pm

Yes, I think so!!!! Thanks.

Jodie

marscan
Regular Contributor

are they trying to kill me???? grrrrrrrrrr

Postby marscan » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:00 pm

so Im down to my last two days of flagyl. After being hospitalized and sent home with Cipro (tested false negative while inpatient so sent home with little pity and ANOTHER antibiotic..lol). And this was after two rounds of amoxycillan and Omnicef for sinus infection, which my doc says was the culprit. I blew my lid today at my poor husband, who has been trying his hardest (my house looks like a frat house). I do labs tomorrow and tuesday and am praying for negatives.....just wanted to vent. Thanks for getting the site back up...lol.....UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:03 pm

marscan,
Good luck with your tests. Let us know how it goes. I have my fingers crossed for you. FYI, Cipro plus levaquin was what gave me cdiff.

marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:34 am

Thank you Nancy! Just got back from my trek to the lab dodging the early morning deer...lol. I specifically ASKED the lab tech if my current round of Flagyl would affect results. She promised me....if C Diff is present, they would find it. Took all of the advice given on this site regarding labels on my sample "TEST ASAP" etc...so fingers crossed. Again, thanks so much, I should hear late this afternoon. Best of health to you!

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:19 pm

You've probably seen on the site that it is recommended that you should be off of Flagyl or vanco for 10 - 14 days before getting a good test result. Otherwise you are liable to get a false negative. So I think the lab tech is wrong. I did test positive after only 6 days off of vanco, though, so you never know.

marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:48 pm

Hi again Nancy. That is why I specifically asked her, based on information and experiences from this site. Im not sure who was fooling themselves more though, she or I..lol, but "they" are going to know Im getting as educated as possible about this horrible disease. Has anyone else noticed that it is the RNs and Pharmacists that have the best information about C-Diff? With all due respect to my personal MDs, they are the ones that have helped me most. And this support site is a true blessing...

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:40 pm

marscan,
You said it right. I always check everything with a doc.'s nurse & "run it" by several pharmacists. Pharmacists study meds. (6 yrs. in most states). I've read that by the time most docs. are out of med. school, the meds. they've studied are no longer used. They often rely on the PDR & drug reps. -- who are "selling."

Our own best advocate is ourselves.

Glad the board is helpful. It's a collection of shared knowledge, & some of it might help. Do run everything by your doc., however -- "just in case."

marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:44 pm

thanks again Bobbie....I actually had a "good day" for the most part today so I rewarded myself with some real food. I realize I will pay dearly for this later, but sometimes its the "little things" that get me(us) thru eh? Standing by to blow up like a balloon here..lol....have a great evening!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”