great site

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
mayotte
Contributor

great site

Postby mayotte » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:50 am

I finally was able to get on this site and read many posts. It helped me a lot. I have experienced the frustration with my doctor, as many of you have as well. C.diff is a monster, and most days it consumes my thoughts. My GI has given up on me, and says he is going to refer me to an ID doctor in another town. This AM I have an appt. with my superintendent of schools to request a leave of absense for the upcoming school year. I often wonder if I will ever recover from this, but reading posts on this site gives me hope. Thanks

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:54 pm

mayotte,
Welcome to the site. Read the first forum ALL USERS READ THIS FIRST & its subtopics. They will guide you in using the site & answer some of the most frequent questions. Read Dr. Borody’s & Dr. McDonald’s articles and the areas in FAQ that interest you – especially FAQ-Hygiene, Nutrition, & Testing.

Let's hope you are one of the lucky ones who recover with one to two rounds of Flagyl or Vanco. If antibiotics contributed to your C. diff., be careful about taking them again. (See FAQ-Antibiotics.)

Glad the site has been helpful. You will recover from this although it somtimes takes time & patience.

I'd rethink going back to work as long as you have an understanding with your superintenant (& principal) that you might have to leave the room suddenly once in a awhile. I'd have a "monitor" set up for those occasions. Keeping busy will keep your mind off C. diff. Otherwise it will consume your thoughts & adversely affect your life. By fall, you might have recovered.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

bluemnm37
New User

me too...

Postby bluemnm37 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:19 pm

Mayotte,

I completely understand how you feel...I told me GI yesterday, I'm just so tired of thinking about my intestinal tract. I catch myself thinking about it in the shower, when I eat, before I go to bed...it's horrible. And in reality it doesn't help anything. I'm a terrible worryier, and I've been working on not doing that so much. Although it's hard not to be when you've been thru something like C.Diff. I wihs you the best of luck and that things look up for you soon!
Tania

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:48 pm

bluemnm37,
I, too, am a "worrier" & C. diff. gives you a lot to worry about. I worked when I had it & even though it was sometimes difficult (also had other health problems associated with C. diff.) I worked most of the time I had it (4 yrs.) except when hospitalized or when I was really sick during a relapse. I truly think it kept me from going "starkers."

Read FAQ-Coping with C. diff. Above all, keep as busy as you can & don't let C. diff. rule your life.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”