New to the site and TIRED of C-Diff

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Blanton04
Brand New Poster

New to the site and TIRED of C-Diff

Postby Blanton04 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:54 pm

My battle with c-diff began April of last year after taking antibiotics for bronchitis. Now after two rounds of Flagyl-finishing the last round 5 days ago, my symptoms are worse now, like when it first started last year. I am starting to feel that I am never going to get over this!! I am not able to take the probiotics..for some reason I have a reaction to them. Now I have to play the waiting game until Monday to see what my GI Dr. wants to do next. In the mean time, I was wondering if anyone else has ( not to be nasty) Severe rectum pain-pressure and if there are any methods to help. I know that it is from the going and going but it hurts the worst. I just want this to go away-I am sure just like everyone else. I am just worried about the worse case scenarios.

Thanks for listening-

Crystal

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:07 pm

Blanton - Crystal,
Read PLS READ BEFORE YOU POST as it will help you understand C. diff. FAQ has info. on nutrition, testing, treatments, etc.

If Flagyl hasn't worked, you might suggest Vanco. to your doc. Sometimes it works when Flagyl doesn't. (On rare occasions, Flagyl can also cause C. diff.) (Vanco. is expensive. Check your insurance.) Would also ask him/her about your other symptom.

C. diff. can be the most frustrating disease. You will get over it, but it sometimes takes a lot of patience.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:15 pm

Crystal,
They tell me that everyone eventually gets over cdiff. I had it for 8 months and many folks on this site have had it longer. Hang in there, you will get over it too. Relapses can be awful. My last one was the worst. I suggest that you call your doc and say you can't wait until Monday. (Otherwise you can go to the ER, but I went there twice, and with so many sick people there, I tried to stay away from it after that.) I did better on vancomycin than on Flagyl, so you might ask about that.

To answer your question: do you have hemorrhoids? I had terrible pain from mine, as bad as the abdominal pain. Sitz baths, Prep H suppositories, and hydrocortisone cream helped. But what helped the most was when the D was under control. Good luck.

Jodie
Regular Contributor

Postby Jodie » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:04 pm

I have the hemorroids as well. When c-diff is in full force they hurt and burn and itch so bad. When this happens I use some of my baby's Boudreaux's Butt Paste and it works wonders!! Hope it works for you.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:05 pm

Thanks Jodie I no longer have c-diff but IBS and I still battle them hemmroids. Is that is the baby Isle?

Jodie
Regular Contributor

Postby Jodie » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:35 pm

Yes that is in the baby isle!!!!! Good luck. Tell me if you love it!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”