SO Nervous

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Lana
Contributor

SO Nervous

Postby Lana » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:49 am

I just have to get this off my chest. I have been so nervous all day today. I finished my 6 week taper off Vanco last Wednesday. I actually did very well. Near the end of my taper, I wouldn't even go to the bathroom every day! Just every other day--Isn't that just a c-diff miracle? What freedom!

Anyway, I ought to be pretty happy, but today I got so nervous. Every other time I have relapsed at 7 days and it is almost Wednesday... which is an important day at work for me. I don't want to get sick again; I have already missed too much work this year! I know I should just relax, but I'm having a hard time.

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:09 am

Try to relax, the stress isn't going to help your stomach at all. I find it best to set short term goals. I say to myself Ok if I can make it tomorrow to whatever I need to get to then after that let anything happen. It hasn't let me down yet but I've made it and then relapsed the following day. It does help ease the stress a bit.
We're all here if you need us! Good luck and you'll get there Wednesday.Keep that in your head.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:30 pm

Lana- Stress can bring about a "bad day" and it not even be a relapse. So you need to try to relax. I guess you could do what I do when I am wanting to be very cautious and not have a bad day........take a pepto caplet that morning just for assurance. The only bad thing is that sometimes it can make you get a little constipated which is also not so great. Sure wish our stomachs would HEAL!
Cindy

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:10 am

Lana,
Christina and Cindy are so right: Take it a day or an hour at a time. Not a fun way to live. Try to stay busy: reading, exercise, TV, talking to friends -- anything that will help take your mind off C. diff. We all get stressed at the thought of the Beast coming back, and the end of a taper or pulse is very stressful. You've also had to deal with the loss of your baby.

Hang on. You'll make it, but it is hard.

Lana
Contributor

Postby Lana » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:54 pm

Hey, thanks everybody for responding! My stomach was starting to hurt from the nervousness, but I made it through the day just fine. I was observed at work and it went great! And my c-diff has still not come back yet. I have been off the vanco taper for almost 3 weeks. This is a record for me and I am optimistic that c-diff will stay away.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”