a humorous gripe..

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Sheila1
Long Time Contributor

a humorous gripe..

Postby Sheila1 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:15 am

(Moderators - please take no offense!!) Does that little ball in the logo drive anyone nuts??? It absolutely drives me out of my mind...

...I found when I was typing a message or reply more than a sentence long I was getting more and more tense and finally realized it was that stupid ball going back and forth and back and forth (and back and forth....) in my peripheral vision....please don't ask me WHY it took so long to figure out that I should just scroll the page up a bit when I was typing something here... LOL

Okay, I feel better now... it's the little things you know! :)

Lauren
Administrator

Postby Lauren » Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:01 pm

I'm still laughing - you're actually the second person to say that. Actually, I asked our tech support guy to make it stop when we got the last complaint. He ignored me. I'll ask harder this time.

The only problem will be, we'll need to tell him what to make it look like instead.

Format suggestions are welcome!

Sheila1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Sheila1 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:09 pm

Hi Lauren, I downloaded the logo and changed the gif setting to roll once and stop; then emailed it to "Administrator" along with the file name. :) (ask and you shall receive!)

It's a simple matter of uploading it to the image file to overwrite the prior logo gif file.

But of course, I may be the only one going nuts with it... LOL

Sheila

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:15 pm

Shelia- That is called "STRESS"! LOL
Cindy

Lauren
Administrator

Postby Lauren » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:09 pm

Sheila - got your mail with the gif - which I'll send to our tech support guy. You are clearly much smarter than me with computers. I wouldn't have imagined it would be so easy to download the logo.

Maybe we'll stick the contintually bouncing ball on the home page, which nobody spends any time on anyhow. For all I know, it may be there already. I never look at the darned thing either.

Thanks! This has given me my laugh for the day.

Sheila1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Sheila1 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:18 am

Definition: REALLY bad stress -

.....when a stranger downloads your logo, fixes it,
and sends it back to you...!! ROFL

S

Marry
New User

Postby Marry » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:56 am

Well thanks a lot Sheila1, I never noticed it before....

;)

Marry

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:06 am

I've never noticed before either. Now I do!!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”