To All My Friends that have wondered about my foot ailment!

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
cindym
Long Time Contributor

To All My Friends that have wondered about my foot ailment!

Postby cindym » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:52 pm

I have undergone MRI's, xrays, bloodtests, bone scan and indium scan. After the bone scan showed abnormalities the indium scan ruled out infection and they now are under the assumption that it is a bad form of arthiritis. The ortho wanted to do surgery on my worst foot which would require hard cast (non-walking) for 6-8 weeks and then a boot cast for another 6 weeks. He was talking of taking bone from my knee and putting it in my foot to fuse the bones to stop the pain. This same ortho (although I had told him since I had gone to beach in July both feet had been bothering me) never mentioned the fact that the scan shows problems in both feet and both ankles. My internist, upon me calling him to talk about the surgery looked at scan and said it is definitely in both feet and ankles.
This really made me angry! Anyway, to make a long story short the internist is conferring with the ortho to see why he felt surgery was necessary and meanwhile he is sending me to a rheumatologist for another opinion! I can't get an appointment until Sept. 19--------isn't that just wonderful? Funny I never had any problems like this until cdiff came along and also funny that it all started right after I started taking BP meds.......coincidental? Doctor says it is just that. I guess we will see.
Thanks to all that have kept my situation in your thoughts! I am going through 2 kinds of hell right now! Cdiff and WHATEVER this is.
Cindy

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:12 pm

As always you're in my thoughts. They need to hurry up and figure things out enough already!

Lauren
Administrator

Postby Lauren » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:37 pm

Cindy - I guess the good news is they're thinking arthritis and not something worse. Not pleasant, for certain, particularly in both feet and ankles. And will certainly make it harder to chase the grandkids. However, at least it's survivable.

Keep us posted ... I worry about you often.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:43 pm

Thanks! I hope the rheumatologist has some good news. The thoughts of not being able to walk without pain (like I am now) permanently gives me the jeebies! Find out Sept. 19 I guess. Will advise! The worst part (if there is one) is the intense swelling.
Cindy

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:54 pm

Cindy,
I admire you so much for having cdiff for 5 years and still helping many many of us on this board all this time. And it's really not fair that you have had this awful foot problem for so long too! All of that sucks! I just hope your feet can be fixed. And soon! I'm sending you lots of hugs and warm wishes for healing.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:15 am

Cindy,
Quite a few of us have developed "wierd stuff" after a bout with C. diff. Coincidence? I don't think so, and I think the longer you have the disease the more "weird stuff" you develop. But then I am not a highly paid doc.

Let's hope the rheumo. has some anwers. More WWW (watch, wait, worry) -- our password to the world of C. diff. -- for you again. It's time you got some answers!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”