A Perfect Week

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Bobbie
Administrator

A Perfect Week

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:22 am

Two days ago, the modem in our computer went out, & both our modular phones also bit the dust (2 different phones). Tomorrow I am going to the urologist at 8:40 AM to follow up on UT problems. Is this perfection or what? I need another doc. to add to my bouquet of physicians.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:04 pm

Bobbie,
Bouquet of physicians, I love it! You have a larger bouquet than most! I certainly hope that the urologist gives you good news. No more problems (medical, computer, phone, any) allowed!!

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:29 pm

Bobbie- Between the two of us we own a whole florist........not just a bouquet! I go back to neurologist on the 19th for further testing.....can't wait.........such excitement...........no wonder I am on High blood pressure meds. Just to think that prior to cdiff my BP was low!
Cindy

beltzie
Brand New Poster

continued bloating post c diff

Postby beltzie » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:05 pm

does anyone know of anything that will reduce the gas and bloating that continues after the tests are negative. My doctor prescribed hysomine and it isnt doing any good.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:32 pm

See FAQ-Digestive Complaints.

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:35 pm

beltzie
I am also on Hyoscyamine. It helps with my pain I get at times. I also get bloated every night. I havent found anything to help quite yet but diet during the day and laying flat on my back helps pass the gas. Although I actually have not been bloated for 4 days but it will come again. I have had to completely stop all dairy foods, and I hate it. Lactaid didnt help me either. I have IBS.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:18 pm

I have had good results with gasX but have to take the whole day dosage in one dose. IT WORKS!

Primadolphilus reuteri really seems to help with that as well.
Cindy

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:44 am

Gas x for sure works wonders.. start with 2 ... the mint tast e the best

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:44 am

Bobbie, here I sit picturing you plucking on a "daisy of a physician" flower saying "he loves me, he loves me not, he loves me, he loves me not" or post c. diff. "he understands me, he understands me not" etc. I don't know why but that is what popped into my mind. Perhaps I have finally lost that last thread of sanity. Who knows.... I just hope they give you good news!
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:51 pm

Knitter,
Don't think any docs. "love me" but think I've dealt with enough over the years to have them respect me -- I hope. It took me years to gain enough courage to be assertive.

The cystocope showed no cancer cells. Possible diagnosis is
Interstitial Cystitis although most of my symtoms don't "fit." A more accurate diagnosis requires biopsy -- no thx. Enoug tests, enough torture. Kidney tests showed scarring, thicking of kidney wall, & cyst (but benign.) Large "mass" on sonogram turned to be hiatal hernia -- knew I had it. Don't ask me how it could have been confused with mass in kidney. Sonogram probably done incorrectly or read wrong.

Thx. for asking. Glad you are doing better & posting again. We missed you.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:41 pm

Most likely (or at least in my case) my doctors now KNOW I do not cry wolf and they also know when I present with a problem it needs to be dealt with. I can honestly say that my doctors are better now than ever before in that department. I guess they realize after this period of time I will not put up with less-------and I will change docs in a heart beat if needed. I have had enough docs and enough problems to last me a lifetime and WHEN I get well they may never see me again unless brought in by ambulance! ha!

This is totally off the wall too.......I have been going through a terrible time with my foot and just yesterday had to go for bone scan. At the hospital everyone was filling out paperwork EXCEPT ME and I looked at my husband and said "Hummmmm wonder why they don't ask me to fill out anything!" My dearest replied, "Well, Cindy they know you now by your first name and know your entire history you are here so much so why do they need paperwork?"----------Does this explain my connections to the medical field now? Possibly a VIP????? Ha!
Cindy

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:42 am

I went to the doc to get the forms signed for the Medic Alert membership and bracelt the other day. He now tells me I will never be able to take antibiotics again. He also tells me that he will help me fight to get disability as my Menieres is acting up a lot again, which causes bad vertigo and vomitting. If not for bad luck I'd have no luck! Sorry, can't type much when I am dizzy. I'll be going to the trailer for two weeks and perhaps the fresh air will help with all this. No computer access there, so I'll check on you all when I get back. See you in two weeks.
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:47 pm

Knitter,
You are singing my song, "If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have 'no' luck."

I, too, wear a med alert bracelet. Some people are able to take antibiotics again -- esp. the narrow spectrum ones, but having C. diff. once does increase your chance of having it again.

Feel better.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”