Taking my cat to the vet

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Taking my cat to the vet

Postby Marcia » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:37 pm

We are taking our cat to the animal hospital today because since yesterday he has had one eye shut down with gooey stuff.
I do not want it to get worse so i called today and set up an appt.
I am afraid he will have to be on antibiotics, and if that is going to have any effect on his system or me, has anybody had an animal on antibiotics and been fine?
I tried to clean his eye with warm cloth but didn't help so hopefully its just some simple eye drops but not sure what they will say.
It's amazing how many people you could be friends with if only they'd make the first approach.

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:37 pm

Well it was a Foxtail grass stuck in his eye. Never heard of that but indeed it was taken out. His cornea has a little abbraision so they gave an ointment called "triple antibotic" for 4 days. I asked about it causing diarrhea but he said usually oral ones do. Hopefully he and i are ok.
It's amazing how many people you could be friends with if only they'd make the first approach.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:41 am

Marcia- Cats are crazy little critters! They can get themselves into some real funny situations. I had one cat in my adult life and he got the craziest things to go wrong with him. He acted like a dog.........would bite like a dog........and actually I am convinced he thought he was a dog. Bless his heart he finally was diagnosed with enlarged heart and was treated but we ended up having to have him put to sleep as the treatment did not work. He was 13 years old. Glad your cat is okay!
Cindy

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”