To Knitter

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Bobbie
Administrator

To Knitter

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:59 pm

Glad you are feeling better. We are counting on you to post frequently to support others.

Sitting out in the sun also makes me feel better -- but I cover my face & don't overdo it.

Thx. for your kind words. Every time I develop a new health problem (I've had an assortment in the l3 yrs. since I first had C. diff.) I get depressed. And, of course, some meds. make conditions worse. I take Actonel for osteoporosis -- which could have caused my acid reflux & hiatal hernia -- but hasn't done much for my osteo. I take a PPI for the acid reflux -- which, of course, makes me more high risk for C. diff. -- & I am already high risk. I have arterial renal stenosis -- only treatment stents -- invasive, not high "cure" rate, & chance of having to take an antibiotic so it's important that I exercise. I've had to cut down on lifting weights because of my wrist -- which, of course, isn't good for osteoporosis. S . . . t!!!!

I was supposed to get results of my kidney sonogram Friday but no word as yet -- & I've called frequently. No hurry!!! I see the osteo doc. Thursday. There is a new treatment for osteo., but, of course, it can cause other problems. Why not?

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:47 am

Very tired today. I think I finally overdid it too much. I helped my son move into his new apartment, after giving the car a scrub, polish and vacuum, windows cleaned, Armoral on the dash etc.

I've tried to keep posting to those who need support.

Perhaps tomorrow I'll do some more, but for today, I think I'll just go back and have a nap once my coffee is done.

So sorry to hear you are having other troubles. I'm sending you a huge hug (((((((BOBBIE))))))).

I'll be back tomorrow!
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:23 pm

Knitter,
Sounds as though your energy level is way back up -- good. Glad you are posting to support others -- wish more people would do so.

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:02 pm

After three weeks of mad cleaning and trying to remove the smell of cigarettes from my home (the new tenants that moved into the upstairs apartment in the house I live in have an 8 month old baby who is asthmatic so I no longer smoke inside and have been doing everything I can possibly do to clean anything that smells at all smokey, which meant pretty well everything I owned including the car, which I cleaned yesterday) I have finally run out of energy.

I helped move my son into his apartment last night (he got the keys at 3:30 p.m. and we went like crazy until 10 p.m.) and I think that was the last push to make me remember that I am not completely well yet. I have to admit I feel 90% better than I did, but not 100% yet. I have no more cleaning to do and another 10% to look forward to, so life looks pretty good for me right now.

ALSO the new tenants had a mini-stereo system that belonged to her husband when he was single. They were going to give it to Goodwill. She asked if I had a stereo and when I told her no, she went upstairs and came back down with it and GAVE it to me! I HAVE MUSIC!!!!!! It even has a remote control. This stereo will help me in the most major way because I have missed my music so very badly.

My Hoover Floor Mate was delivered today, so tomorrow I will be letting the machine scrub the floors for me (I still have to push it though). It has been a very good day even if I am so exhausted I can't really appreciate it yet, but tomorrow I am sure I will after a good night's sleep.

My son went garage saling on the weekend and got me a mountain bike. I can now peddle my ass around town! This will help me a lot to get back my strength if not to mention my former shape and some self confidence. I refuse to wear those spandex biking shorts yet though. I would not want to frighten the neighbours.

I have to remember that I did not get into terrible this shape overnight, and won't get better overnight. I have to remember not to push too hard while I am still trying to get up to that 100%.

All things come to he who waits. I guess I waited patiently long enough and now good things are happening. One of the major good things is the wonderful supportive and patient people I have met in this Support Room. Thankyou all once again for sticking with me and helping me through what turned out to be the second roughest time in my whole life (the first being when my Mom died on April 7th and then my Dad on July 2nd of the same year, four years ago now). I lived through that time in my life, and now I have lived through this time as well.

Perhaps now I will have some peace and a normal life for a while!! Nice dream. I am picture it being reality now though.....
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”