Off to Yet ANOTHER DOCTOR!!!!!!!!

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:42 am

Since I am 65, this hasn't happened to me in a long time. In fact, I can't remember how to flirt. Should mark today down on the calendar!

I look better than most people my age because I exercise a lot -- for stress & osteo. My worst fear (except for taking an antibiotic again) is breaking a hip or bone in my spine (both mother & grandmother had hip fractures) & not being able to exercise. This is why I am so blown away by the osteo in my hands. Not being able to lift hand weights for awhile will make this worse. I try so hard, but one health issue occurs after another. Guess we all think the same way & wonder how much is related to C. diff.

Find out results (hopefully) of kidney sonogram tomorrow. Both my grandmother & her mother died of kidney disease & I have renal arterial stenosis -- narrowing of the arteries to the kidneys -- another reason I exercise to improve circulation. The only solution is stents -- invasive, not a high success rate, & perhaps an antibiotic.

When I first got over active C. diff. (both times) I lost a lot of weight -- way too much --looked like a skeleton. I made myself eat until I slowly gained it back. I now weigh nore than I ever have in my life (except when I was pregnant) but haven't increased clothing size because muscle weighs more than fat. Of course, the only place I gain weight is where I don't need it -- butt & gut. When my slacks get tight, I watch what I eat for awhile.

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:03 pm

Hubba hubba Bobbie! Go out and flirt with the world. Why not, it doesn't hurt anything and it DOES make you feel a whole lot better.

I've been sitting out in the sun part of every day lately. I am getting tanned. I am bothering with my appearance again and I have gotten a few "looks". It sure feels good after the last year of always looking sick. I even asked my son to go get me a bicycle. Spring cleaning is all done but the floors and walls. The Hoover Floor Mate has been ordered and is on it's way to me. It will take care of the floors. The landlord (who's wife also has Menieres and understands the dizzies and the weakness etc. and who also saw me at my sickest and is thrilled to see me up and doing things again) has ordered a service to come in and wash all the walls for me as I can not tolerate to repaint this summer. He says next summer he will have someone come in and paint for me.

Cindy, I am SO glad someone is finally doing something for your foot. Keep at it until you get answers. There is NOTHING to fear except fear itself. Better to know what you are dealing with and then you can do what you need to do to fix it. Hold your head up high and keep up the good fight Cindy. We're right beside you in spirit.

Bobbie, Hon I am so sorry to hear that you are not doing well. I am glad your wrist is not broken. Take it easy and remember that we are all here for you if you get depressed. Think of what I used to say:

I am young enough to repaint, old enough to sell, my warrantee has run out and my parts are all starting to break down. What I want to know is this.... Am I a Classic and ready for some TLC or am I headed for the scrap yard?

Hugs to you both! You certainly deserve at least them, if not more. I only wish I was close enough to actually deliver them in person.
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:21 pm

Well guys you all are in better spirits than I am apparently because if anyone hit on me I most likely wouldn't even notice at this point! In fact I would probably be thinking what a jackA-- he was............DOES THAT SAY ANYTHING ABOUT MY FRAME OF MIND THESE DAYS???? HA!
Cindy

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:24 pm

Knitter you are possibly a classic and not yet to the point of "junk yard dog" like me! ha! If you get tired of cleaning at your house come on to SC and start on mine as it might inspire me to get off the couch! ha!
Cindy

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”