Don't know if I can handle another thing

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Don't know if I can handle another thing

Postby Bobbie » Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:40 pm

Spike,
Do a search on sinus problems. Are you doing saline irrigation? You can do nose spray like Afrin moisturizing for 3 to 5 days. You can use Flonase after it. Should help open up Eustachian tubes. I have used both, but do check with your doc. I did: Afrin, saline irrigation, and then Flonase.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:33 pm

Instead of Flonase my ENT gave me a prescription for Azelastine, a nasal spray that he said drains into the ears as well.
Although I generally take Zyrtec at night, when I am as bad as you seem to be, the only thing that helps me is Sudafed.

There are suggestions for different irrigation’s in the CDI section of this site, including one my ENT told me to try to avoid using antibiotics. He had me add some betadine to the irrigation solution so it would act as an antiseptic.

Of course, if you want to try any of these, check with your dr.

Feel better soon.

Spike
Contributor

Postby Spike » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:29 pm

Bobbie- I have not done a lot of research on the sinus issue. I did try the netti pot for a while but seem to put more pressure in my ears.

Ril- I keep that in mind. My Dr was supposed to call me and never did. Sigh. So on Monday I talk to her about it. I can't get into an ENT until April so I didnt make an appointment. I may have to call around in the town 45 min away and see if I can get in sooner as this doesnt seem to be getting better.

One day at a time. Thus to shall pass.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:06 pm

Spike,
Call the ENT's office and get on a wait list if they have one. If they do, check with them every day if possible. Best of luck, and keep posting.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”