Venting about the good days and bad days

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
bimelime
New User

Venting about the good days and bad days

Postby bimelime » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:32 am

Some times I'll have good days or even a good group of days. Everything feels fine, the pain is minimal, I have an appetite, no nausea and all that. I'm happy and optimistic that things will improve. And then I'll have bad days like right now. I feel bloated, crampy, in pain, scared and half convinced it's a relapse even though I'm 8 months out without one and otherwise young (20) and healthy. Does this ever go away? Is this just the rest of my life now? The severity of the bad days doesnt seem to change, more like the length of time if anything. When they hit me they hit *haaaaard*. Is this normal? I'm just so frustrated to still be feeling like this after so much time. I've seen Thanksgiving, Halloween, Christmas, and the new year through this "recovery" and I'll still have days I feel awful. I'm just looking for someone who understands and can give me some reassurance.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Venting about the good days and bad days

Postby NanciT » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:36 pm

Everyone is different, some are left with Post IBS which can be good days and bad days. There are medications that can help so if the bad days continue, talk with your GI.
I found the good days start to become more and more, if I changed my diet.....I might have trouble. I was left unable to have any alcohol....I used to just have a glass of wine now and then...can't have it anymore. I am 5 years out and every time I try, it upsets my GI. I also did this with Beef, who knows why.

Others go right back to eating, drinking whatever with no issues at all.

You WILL get better, I generally go back to a bland diet if I get a GI upset. It has always helped me.

If problems continue, see your GI but hopefully this is just a bump in the road

Take Care

NanciT

roy
Administrator

Re: Venting about the good days and bad days

Postby roy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:59 pm

You started off with a diagnosis of blastocyst hominis.
A common bacteria that's found in 1 in 4 people in US and in some countries every single person has it!
You Dr treated it and you did not feel better.
Most cases of blastocyst hominis do not result in illness.
Your Dr tested for c.diff and diagnosed that as the cause of your illness, treated it and you did not feel better!
Perhaps NEITHER are the cause of your symptoms.
Drs are not perfect, they should not assume nothings wrong other than what tests tell them.
If a test shows a bacteria they should not assume all else is well.
If treating does not "cure" you then they should continue investigating.
If someone is still sick 8 months after succesfull treatment for c.diff then it's very unlikely that c.diff is causing the symptoms.
Even more so in someone that's 20yo and far from the typical c.diff sufferer.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”