4years later

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
hledgess
Regular Contributor

4years later

Postby hledgess » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:07 pm

So I’ve been sick since Saturday and my dr is testing me for c diff bc it’s the only thing left to test for .. I’m terrified n can’t do this again ..I’m dropping off my sample as I type.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: 4years later

Postby NanciT » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:21 pm

So sorry.....I understand the Fear!! Had CDIFF in 2014-2015. I was really sick in August for 4 weeks!! My GI tested me not only for CDIFF, but O&P's ect. Thankfully everything was negative.
My husband had the flu(GI) and he never gets sick, he was sick for 5 days, I was sick for 4 weeks. My immunity is just not the same and things hit me much harder.

Hang in there, fingers crossed all is negative!!

NanciT

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:34 pm

Yikes 4 weeks n not c diff? Gives me hope .. yep praying for negative bc honestly I can’t and won’t go through that again.. I’m so sick and have lost 9 lbs already since sat

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:30 am

Is your doctor testing you for any other pathogens with a culture? If the c diff is negative, ask about that. I had campylobacter after c diff and the symptoms were pretty much identical.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:03 am

He honestly has no clue what it could be, he’s testing bc he’s ruled out other things by x ray and blood test.. no fever so it’s not a bug.. so he’s like it could be c -diff..there was only one cup in there so I’m guessing he did not test for those .. usually they do and irk why I didn’t remember to ask .. too sick I’m guessing. If I don’t eat I don’t feel as bad lol so I haven’t really ate.. I had a good day Tuesday and thought it might have been just a bug but after snacking late at night I had another “attack” is what I’ll call it bc what happens is I feel gassy (upper mostly but I have had lower too but more when I feel like I have to go but can’t) I have a bunch of what feels like trapped gas and it makes my heart race and me throw PVCs .. I get shaky and I have to take gas x and get it out.. that was Tuesday.. it was a day that I was able to eat and my belly didn’t really hurt.. I had a bowel movement.. I didn’t on Monday but was normal twice Saturday and Sunday and Tuesday for the first time after eating.. but when I had a little more food I had diarrhea but hardly any.. stomach didn’t hurt though .. thought I was in the clear .. until that night when I felt like I had to go on and off for awhile but couldn’t and then I had the same symptoms that sent me to the dr on Monday from Saturday night .. it hit me out of nowhere be on Saturday night and I was the only bartender closing it down .. literally I lock the door and set the alarm .. I left early from work and didn’t eat til Tuesday .. yesterday at the dr since I wasn’t better they looked for obstruction.. Monday she thought I was backed up but also have a c diff kit.. maybe it’s more common now? And yesterday was so busy I didn’t have time to eat or use the bathroom .. until I was able to have a weird stool and submit it.. it feels like someone is squeezing my stomach until I take gas x.. I’m nauseous until I take zofran.. I burp like crazy after I take the gas x.. the dr said no these aren’t classic signs but if we can’t find out what’s wrong with these other tests then that’s the last step.. I do see a GI on Friday so I can ask about the other test if it’s negative bc I feel absolutely terrible and I need answers but at the same time it can’t be back! I never had regular symptoms the second time around.. I’m terrified and would rather kill myself than go through that and put my family through that again. Sorry this was long! I’m just really upset

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:27 am

Sorry your scared and understand. Did you take an antibiotic lately? There’s a nasty bug going around right now, flu as well as gastro intestinal. My nephew has both as well as my brother in law. My 13 yr old came home with D yesterday and I’ve had it this morning as well as a burning stomach yesterday. My cdiff was unmistakable and it doesn’t feel like that, more so just a stomach virus that I’d have shrugged off before cdiff. That’s hard to do now. My gi said if your stomachs upset and have D, to take pepto, if that stops it it’s not cdiff.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:08 am

I never took an abx the last time 4 years ago But no I haven’t taken anything.. I’m super crazy and won’t even take a PPI or h2blocker or Flonase or anything at all.. I wash my hands before eating and after I get home.. shower after any dr.. I feel like why did I take all of these precautions just to feel so bad.. but I’ve been like this since Saturday so neither my or I think it could be a bug.. it’d have to be a bad one as I’ve lost 10 lbs .. but no fever and it comes and goes .. I plan on calling for results soon as I dropped it last night and they run the test all night bc it’s 24 hour lab at the hospital but my dr doesn’t open until 8:30.. I will post in the good story part of it’s negative since it’s been 4 years, but as of right now I’m in freak out mode

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:14 am

I never took an abx the last time 4 years ago But no I haven’t taken anything.. I’m super crazy and won’t even take a PPI or h2blocker or Flonase or anything at all.. I wash my hands before eating and after I get home.. shower after any dr.. I feel like why did I take all of these precautions just to feel so bad.. but I’ve been like this since Saturday so neither my or I think it could be a bug.. it’d have to be a bad one as I’ve lost 10 lbs .. but no fever and it comes and goes .. I plan on calling for results soon as I dropped it last night and they run the test all night bc it’s 24 hour lab at the hospital but my dr doesn’t open until 8:30.. I will post in the good story part of it’s negative since it’s been 4 years, but as of right now I’m in freak out mode.. but as far as the pepto goes .. nothing has worked as far as meds go.. I’ve tried everything .. gas x helps when I’m gassy up top but not when I’m gassy lower and have cramps

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:46 am

Just found out I’m positive .. in freak out mode

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:29 pm

I answered you in the other section - read there.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:42 pm

Found it thank you

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:08 am

Very unusual and scary. I've had. C diff 3x since 1993- first bout lasted 4 years. Last bout was 6 years ago and 12'years after second bout. Antibiotics were involved all 3 times.

I am so sorry. Pls keep us posted about your case, ask about Dificid.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:56 am

Ik that’s what is so weird .. was it lying dormant this entire time? I have not taken anything even with a slight link bc of that reason .. I have lived in fear for 4 years and have missed out on a lot bc I didn’t want to risk getting it and apparently did anyway .. I’m a mess.. but u had it 4 years? Like it lasted that long???

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:56 am

You were positive for toxins?

So sorry...crazy!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”