Do you ever feel normal?

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
sdesign
Brand New Poster

Do you ever feel normal?

Postby sdesign » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:44 pm

I got c diff back in October of 2017. It lasted for several weeks, and I had a shot of Flagyl (horrid stuff!) and a couple of scripts to keep nausea and overall symptoms at bay. But my question is does your stomach/gut ever go back to feeling normal? Prior to CD, I had great success with a low-carb/high-fat diet, losing close to 27 lbs. After recovering (mostly) from CD, even though its been 2 years, I still have a constant sour stomach, bloating, nausea, lethargicness, and brain fogginess. I read a couple of articles online that say some people have discovered they have celiac disease or IBS. Has this been anyone else's experience? I have tried multiple different diets, but they all end up making me sick and I've since gained back all the weight I lost and am now struggling to keep that together although I eat like a bird. I do try to follow a gluten-free diet, and that does seem to help, but I find my joy of food is nothing close to what it was prior. I also take probiotics daily but it seems even taking those somedays upsets my stomach. any suggestions?

Should I get tested for celiac disease? It was suggested by a CD blog I follow and I feel I have many of the symptoms. But then I think I'm overreacting...

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Do you ever feel normal?

Postby NanciT » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:57 pm

Hi and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

IBS is very common after CDIFF, But I always recommend seeing your GI if symptoms persist. There are medications that can help IBS. The diets may be irritating to the gut now, I found things that did not bother me before do now. It takes time for some...others go right back to regular eating.
I go "bland" when things bother me and that tends to help. The probiotics do bother some, maybe cut the dose down or try another one.

Feel better soon

NanciT

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Re: Do you ever feel normal?

Postby D1dad » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:54 am

I guess I was a lucky one because for the most part I do feel normal. I do group benefits, medical, dental and vision for mostly hospitals and nursing homes and since I beat it back in March all has been well and I know I’ve been exposed more times than I can imagine. I don’t know if prexisting health has anything to do with how you come out after the vanco or whatever it took to win but maybe so. The only thing I noticed that does effect me a little, outside of my love for hot sauce and spicy foods is peanuts. No idea why. I have noticed that on the rare off days that eating a good quality yogurt, not the sugary candy crap, really settles everything down.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”