Additional Index - Antibiotic Prevention Recurrent C-Diff

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Roxanne
Regular User

Additional Index - Antibiotic Prevention Recurrent C-Diff

Postby Roxanne » Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:28 pm

As we all somewhere down the line need to go on antibiotics, it would be great to know what others are doing, any new medical information to prevent another round.

This is what I struggle with, along with my Dr's

Candy25
New User

Re: Additional Index - Antibiotic Prevention Recurrent C-Diff

Postby Candy25 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:56 pm

I’d like to know the same. From what I’ve read up on...stay off any antibiotics and prevent infection as best as possible. For viruses, ride them out and get plenty of rest. Take vitamin c. Do preventive dental care and nail (foot) care. There’s a list (somewhere on this sight) regarding medications that are more likely then others to contribute to cdiff.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:05 am

See the forum - CDI - Antibiotics. List probably needs some updating. Best of luck.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:58 pm

There is a lot of information in the CDI section about things you can do to avoid going on antibiotics for the most common ailments like sinus infections, etc. plus you can look up old posts by entering ailments in the search bar and looking up suggestions from others. Antibiotics are not needed for many infections and especially without cultures and certainly not for viruses. You should work with your dr to avoid the use of antibiotics whenever possible.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”