Update

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Whyme111
Regular User

Update

Postby Whyme111 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:07 pm

Hi,
I haven't heard back regarding my results for C diff however when I went into the Dr on Monday, I demanded a comprehensive stool analysis, just to be thorough. I just got a call that I have Salmonella. The public health nurse went on to explain a lot of the symptoms are the same as c diff. Maybe I'm not relapsing?? The mystery continues....

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Update

Postby beth22 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:58 am

We had another poster like you and I had campylobacter. The symptoms were almost identical to c difficile, but luckily campylobacter did not need to be treated. I don't know if salmonella has to be treated. I suspect it probably does.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:59 am

Make sure they are not treating you with high offenders.

Whyme111
Regular User

Postby Whyme111 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:36 am

Hi,
I read up on it and contacted a friend who just had it and they said it doesn't have to be treated always. It runs its course like the flu, (for many cases.) Unless I have a high temp or severe d or vomiting, the risk would be dehydration amongst some other issues, (if it was really severe.) I don't have a temp, the stomach cramps aren't really there anymore, I'm not really nauseaus either. I was tired yesterday and had a headache, that was about it. I'm holding off on taking any med until I see my GI on Tues. My GP called in Levofloxacin, which is a high offender. I asked the pharmacist and she said it isn't. I disagree and won't be taking it. Too risky and a vicious cycle. I will keep hydrated and bland foods and soup. The trips to the bathroom have significantly decreased for the time being.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Levofloxin is a high offender for sure. If your symptoms are mild, hopefully you won't need to take anything. My friend's daughter had it and it just ran its course, as you said. Maybe just taking probiotics and watching what you eat will be enough. At least you have an answer for what was causing your symptoms. If your doctor says you have to treat, ask what else you can take besides the Levofloxin. There must be some other antibiotics that are less likely to cause c difficile that would work, but hopefully none are needed.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”