frustrated

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
trish18
Brand New Poster

frustrated

Postby trish18 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:16 am

hello all. I am new here. I am on my third relapse. first time i did 10 days of vanco, a month later, relapsed did 10 days of dificid, and now less than one month later, I am doing a long vanco taper. I have been on the vanco for 5 full days, but still have the chills. my temp is running about a degree lower than normal body temp. my doc had wanted to prescribe dificid, but my lovely insurance denied it. I'm very anxious in general, and tend to worry. I did go to the er Friday night, blood work didnt look too bad they said, gave me fluids, anti nausea meds and sent me on my way.

am I expecting to feel better too soon? called my doc to see what they think, waiting to hear back.

roy
Administrator

Re: frustrated

Postby roy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:57 am

Did symptoms of watery D return between treatments?

trish18
Brand New Poster

Postby trish18 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:06 pm

yes

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Hello Trish18 and Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

Sorry you had to find us, if D symptoms returned along with all of your symptoms and the Vanco did not work, ask your physician to Appeal the insurance company's denial and request a Dificid taper. If your symptoms persist while on Vanco, they will need to either do an FMT or a Dificid taper.

Its sounds like your symptoms continue while on Vanco ( Er visit etc). The other option is to have your GI as for a ID consult.

Sorry you are going through this, I was fortunate my insurance company refilled the Dificid after I had failed Flagyl, Vanco and a 3 month Vanco taper.
I also went between 10days-3wks between relapses. It is very frustrating and having to fight insurance companies while so ill is terrible

NanciT

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi trish18, so sorry you are going through this. I am also someone that had a recurrence a month after my second Flagyl round, and then again a month after Vanco with a taper. .... it’s really hard psychologically to have recurrences that far out. Just when you think you are ok and are starting to feel normal again, it gets ripped away from you. Each time I had a recurrence my symptoms got worse too.
I was finally cured by an FMT in March 2017. I never took Dificid, and it has worked for many posters on here. Hang in there. This board is a very valuable source of accurate information and emotional support.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”