Sores/Hair follicles

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Woman51960
Contributor

Sores/Hair follicles

Postby Woman51960 » Mon May 01, 2006 12:01 pm

I had a hysterectomy on Aug 30, 05. It seems I get these sores in the area of my incision-possibly from the hair. The incision never seemed to heal properly. When I start to get ill this is where I feel the most pain and then these sores show up around the hair follicles. Maybe the CDIFF is causing me some type of an infection in the hair follicles.

Anyways, I am going to KC this Friday May 5th to try the "broth". I am so tired of CDIFF ruining my life and from what I have read this seems to be a cure worth trying. I am hoping if I can get the CDIFF cured then a majority of my other problems will go away as well. I am looking forward to getting off the Vanco and returning to normal again.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon May 01, 2006 12:35 pm

Woman51960,
Good luck. Ask Dr. Allen if I get a referral fee. I feel he saved my life -- twice.
The broth didn't work for me the first time. It did the second and third times. My biggest regret is not having it done again right away after the first failure. Since it's done by endoscopy, sometimes your insurance will pay for that part of it since it's a standard test. Check and see.

I wonder if he keeps you on Vanco. for awhile after the broth. He used to do so, but someone said he doesn't now. You might ask him about this. I haven't talked to him lately. Be sure and mention the # of posters now on this site.

Where are you staying in KC?

Woman51960
Contributor

Broth

Postby Woman51960 » Tue May 02, 2006 1:32 pm

My son and daughter-in-law live in Leavenworth. They will be picking me up and I will be staying with them. They will have to put up with me for 5 days. Children do come in handy when we need them. It feels good being on the other shoe now. My son will be 26.

My insurance is covering the procedure, less the $125 co-pay. I was willing to pay the whole thing myself, if I had to. I am at the point where anything is worth a shot in order to get rid of this stuff. Cheryl said that I could immediately go off the Vanco after the procedure. I am really looking forward to that, because I have been on the vanco now since December and it is drying me up like a prune!! They did not tell me the success rate and I didn't ask. At this point, anything that may be a permanent fix is worth a try. If for some reason it does not work I will go back again until it does....It's simple now-a-days to book a flight and I have a place to stay-so it really isn't a big deal. I do know my employer is getting tired of me missing time from work. Oh Well, the government
always functions without anybody and my health is of more concern to me than any job.

I will be letting you all know how I am feeling after the procedure. I will tell Dr. Allen that we now have ???? sufferers of this horrible illness. I can also mention your name on the referral fee. It sure would be nice, huh. How long after the procedure did you know it didn't work? I read somewhere that it is approx 2-5 weeks. The minute I get sick (hopefully not) I will be calling Dr. Allen back and scheduling for a second trip. I can't take this crap anymore.....

Thanks again for all your advice, tips and support. I will gladly mention your name.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue May 02, 2006 2:27 pm

Am sure I won't get a referral fee, and he knows my name after all these years. Most important, mention the # of posters on the site. I've tried to get him involved, but he is either too busy or not interested.

Cheryl is a sweetheart, and she can give you more details. I believe the chance of it working is 60% to 70%. Since he no longer gives Vanco., that might increase the chance of success because Vanco. also killls some of the good bacteria as well as the C. diff. When I had the broth, he still gave Vanco. for several weeks afterwards.

Since the extended bout with C. diff. left me with IBS (which I didn't have before), I didn't really "believe" the broth had worked for about two months after I was off Vanco. Without Vanco, you might be able to tell sooner. Since Vanco. kept my symptoms pretty well checked (until it stopped working as well), I continued to work most of the time, and it was a Godsend for my sanity.

Two other women from this site had the broth. It was unsuccessful for both, but one had other GI problems as well as C. diff., and the other one didn't have C. diff. at all.

Good luck. Let me know how it goes.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”