stress

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Nancy1
Administrator

stress

Postby Nancy1 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:53 am

My son's car was broken into last night. They broke the driver's side window, and even though his alarm went off, they got into the trunk and console. He thinks they only took some change. Always something!

I feel kicked in the gut. My question is, how do you keep stress from affecting your gut? That seems to be where it gets me these days. So, more bathroom runs... I looked under FAQ and didn't see a section on stress and cdiff, although I know it's covered lots of ways in other places. I'm so angry. My son is swamped at work, is trying to fill out lots of paperwork for the INS (immigration) to bring his family here from Mexico, and now this. I really feel for him. I am just trying to breathe and calm down.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:57 am

PS,
After calming down a few minutes, I found info about coping with stress in FAQ under Coping. I'll try these. Do you all find it gets you in the gut?

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:10 pm

Hi Nancy
I'm stressing and trying to figure out what should i do for my siblings in Mexico, if to get them a visa to visit or try to fix papers to come live here. Well i still know nothing about my brother, sister hasn't seen him since but she would like to visit me. Not sure if she would like to live here, i know she has her life ovethere but we need to talk more. I know it won't be cheap either. The closest INS offices is 5 hours away in Portland.
When i found out the news last week i was not able to control my emotions, i'd have to stop myself and say "breathe, breathe"
I read one of the girls here got into a car accident which she thinks caused a relapse because of stress.
Days are really nice here lately, i've gone out walk in the afternoons. Maybe you can get husband to massage or pay an expert. Yoga class? something.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:14 pm

Nancy & Marcia,
C. diff. seems to make many of us more sensitive to other problems, and emotions do effect the GI tract.

Sorry about your son's car, Nancy. As you said, there always seems to be something! Marcia, I know you'll do what you can to help your siblings, but there is only so much one person can do.

I'm afraid I have another UTI. Why not? I am debating calling the doc's office. It's Friday so probably "no one is home" anyway. I'm going to the gym to exercise-- and I hate the gym. Love aerobics and always get there, but I put off going to the gym if it's too windy. Exercise has helped me the most with stress -- even the gym.

Another rainy day here. We needed the rain, but ENOUGH.

Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Postby Marcia » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:23 pm

Bobbie
I hope you do not have another UTI. Drink lots of liquids (as you know) during the week pehaps it all goes away. It's like summer days here, but i know there is lots of rain left, it is Oregon. Today supposed to be in the high 80's. I'm stressing over daughter's bday coming in may. What am i going to doooooooooooooooo! why do i leave things til the last minuteeeeeee.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:57 pm

Thanks, folks, for letting me vent. You're right about exercise, Bobbie. I should go out and take a walk. That always helps me, but sometimes I forget to do it when I need to. No UTI allowed!! That sucks! And we have had way more rain than normal here this year, so I agree with you about ENOUGH on that one.

Marcia, good luck with helping your siblings. Especially if you have to deal with the INS. That is such a difficult bureaucracy, as I imagine you know.

I feel that all of us on this site have had way too much to deal with. We've filled our quotas, so we should be exempt from major problems the rest of our lives. Yeah, I wish.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Tue May 02, 2006 7:01 pm

Nancy- The answer to stress is a HUGE fish tank. I got one and every time I get stressed I get in my recliner and watch the fish.........it is very relaxing! Lots of trouble though! HA!
Cindy

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”