Here I am again..

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Re: Here I am again..

Postby Davidtm » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:20 pm

Hey Zapper, sorry to hear you're still having issues and that you had to relocate from the fires. I could see the smoke from my work yesterday in the Sfv. I hope you're feeling better and can get some insight into your continued issues when you have your appt. I just wanted to add that after my fmt I was told to resume normal eating and but to slowly introduce new foods as I do. Mainly I was told to that dairy and alcohol might be something to avoid for a while during recovery. I would definitely bring up your diet with your dr and ask about that. It sounds like you are eating very bland and it makes me wonder what you're feeding the good bacteria with. ask the dr if malnutrition can be contributing to your d and ibs. Hopefully one day soon you can expand and have a more balanced diet. Some veggies that are easy for me to tolerate are cooked zucchini, cucumbers, cooked carrots, and cooked celery. I find avocados easy to tolerate too. hoping you can get some relief soon and that your good days become the norm. And that you can go home soon

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:31 am

Whenever I had IBS flare ups, it was usually induced by stress, worry and lack of sleep. I could never figure out any food triggers. It sounds like your stress level has been really high, which could have been the reason for your flare the other day. Nonetheless, these flare ups are very depressing and disheartening when they occur. We all understand your worry and what you are going through. I wish there was a quick fix for everybody on this board, but it seems that only time can heal the gut. On another note, I am so glad that your house was spared. The stress from the fires would be enough to put anybody into an IBS flare up. Prayers to all of your neighbors who have been affected as well. I have been watching it on the news, and it's just terrible.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Zapper,

We might seem positive and upbeat,but that is on "good""days. On bad days,we are scared shitless. After years, I still have an occasional bad day.

Hold on and wait until tomorrow. Bet you will be better. If no better in three days call your doc. See CDI -IBS And CDI - Three Day Rule.

Best to you. So scary about the fires and a sure c diff stressor.

Machaon
Regular Contributor

Postby Machaon » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:46 pm

beth22, as I previously said, I think that the Saccharomyces boulardii helped me recover from C-diff. Of course, I am not certain. I asked my wife to try it.

You said that Saccharomyces boulardii gave you horrible gas, loose bms and a rash. Well... guess what!? My wife had the same reaction, minus the rash! She has since recovered fully, but I'm just thankful that she didn't have a loaded gun available at that time!
Male 77 S.Florida

900 weight lifts 750 knee bends day

Since 1987 had CHF afib asthma

I inhale $6 Flonase nasal spray for asthma :)

Ex C-diff (4/19/17- 9/12/17) after 10 days dificid

Diet:6 meals ~1500 cals 2 eggs 2 steamed broccoli, apple, bagels

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:15 pm

Glad you are now both Ok.

Love the "gun" remark. Site needs more humor.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:32 am

Your wife and I may have a yeast sensitivity. I always post for people to try just a small amount of a new probiotic at first to see how they react because everyone is different. I'm glad it worked for you. It has for many others as well.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”