Positive vibes .. getting tested again

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
hledgess
Regular Contributor

Positive vibes .. getting tested again

Postby hledgess » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:08 pm

Hey all .. I love that I can turn to this site when things go down hill .. so a little back story is that I was dx in May of 2015..tested negative but only weeks after and thought I was ok.. felt fine until dec of that year and retested and it was back .. this time it was much worse and I lost 30 pounds ...that was a year n a half ago.. I have random bad days but not usually two in a row bc I take questran and have for a year n a half .. it has been a miracle drug in the since that I eat out and eat whatever I want and I have almost gained back all that I lost ..however yesterday I had to go twice and the 2nd time was D . Took two scoops of questran yesterday and still had D today so my nurse called in a kit.. the plan is to not take questran for a week and then pick up the kit and test .. I am an anxious person and a clean freak and OCD as it is and thinking about this is scaring me .. I have a 4 yo that likes to go in he upstairs bathroom where I go and it scares me .. I also cannot take off work as I am splitting from my bf and need to save and find my own place so I do not have time for this .. so any kind words or vibes or whatever would be great!!

Healed
Regular User

Re: Positive vibes .. getting tested again

Postby Healed » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:20 pm

Dear Heavenly Father,
I pray for healing. I ask Lord that you calm fears and anxiety.
And also may this person's test be negative.
In Jesus Name,
Amen

susant
Regular Contributor

Postby susant » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:37 pm

Hoping it's just a glitch for you!! The only words of wisdom I have is that everyone gets d once in a while. People that have never had and will never have cdiff get d. It just happens. Thinking about you though. Trust me...I understand the fear all too well.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:21 pm

There are some nasty intestinal and stomach viruses going around. If you are going to test, do a culture for other pathogens too. I once had campylobacter and the symptoms were just like c difficile.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:15 am

Sorry you are unwell , maybe it's just a virus or another stomach bug , or it may very well be a IBS flare from something u ate , I know it's hard not to think it's Cdiff but try not to panic yet.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:58 am

Thank you so much all of you!! It'll be a week or do before I'd send a sample .. seeing what happens in the meantime ..

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:00 pm

Had a decent day test so I went ahead n took meds as usual. .. dumb and ate a pint of ice cream so today not so good but still just gonna give it time i think .. don't want to rush into freaking out

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:13 pm

Not a lot can be said about self inflicted gut problems.
Theres a limit to the sympathy and support that can be given to someone if they come here to say a pint of ice cream upset their gut.

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:08 pm

That's not what started it lol but I understand that.. I was feeling bad days before that . K had a good day and made a mistake is all. .. I'm aware immlaying today for a reason ..

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:57 pm

After 1 1/2 yrs with no new exposure it should not recur spontaneously.
You know Roy is right- in the middle of this to eat a pint of ice cream is asking for trouble.

Perhaps a switch to Enteragam is in order although it is costlier. You might want to ask your dr about it, if the questran no longer works for you. This whole episode could be anxiety induced given your circumstances.

Rita

hledgess
Regular Contributor

Postby hledgess » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:30 pm

Thank you rita!!! THats what I was thinking too but I wasn't on an abx before so that's why it's confusing .. I had heart issues that were benign but was in the ER a couple of times but tried to be very careful .. I've asked about that and they don't even know what it is here at my dr office hahaha ...hopefully it will pass soon .. or maybe make get an appointment in Chicago so maybe they'd be of better help

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”