Anxiety

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Zapper
Regular Contributor

Anxiety

Postby Zapper » Wed May 24, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi all,
I don't know why but I feel an overwhelming amount of anxiety today. I'm on my clear liquid diet and my 2nd FMT is tomorrow. I am so fearful that it won't work.
My doctor is very nice and has only had 1 other patient with recurrent c diff need a 2nd FMT but I don't feel well informed.
Any time I've asked what happens after this fails (if) I don't get a straight answer. He mentions the pills or a longer dificid treatment but I don't know how many relapses I can go through. I feel like I lost count at 6. Maybe it's 7? I have no idea.
I just feel worn out today. Hard to keep my normal "good spirit" up.
It must be cause we are so close again to another procedure. And the dreaded colon prep..

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Re: Anxiety

Postby Davidtm » Wed May 24, 2017 1:02 pm

I know how you are feeling and can totally sympathize. The first fmt played on my nerves because I'd never had a colonoscopy and even though eager and happy I was also upset it had to be done. When that failed I found myself in your exact shoes. The day before the procedure with nothing but doubts in my mind and the fear of what's next or other what ifs. The procedure wasn't the scary part. It was the hopes of success and fear of failure. I think everyone who relapses goes through that and worries about that. Just remember you're not alone and there are many people who eventually found their cure. Fmt has a high success rate and sometimes more than one are needed and it only increases the chances of success. I'll keep you in my thoughts and am sending good vibes your way that this is your cure. But remember eventually people find the winning combo. I remember reading of one poster that had 4 but achieved a cure. The point is never give up hope and try not to stress the possibility of another relapse until you have to. Give this fmt every optimistic thought you have that it will be your cure. I hope you can look back on today as the day before your cure!
Best of luck!

Zapper
Regular Contributor

Postby Zapper » Wed May 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Thank you David. I really appreciate it. It's been mentally taxing - trying very hard not to compare myself to everyone. Makes me more sad I think? Wish I was one of those lucky ones that were cured first time around.
Praying tomorrow does the trick!!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Wed May 24, 2017 2:39 pm

Wish you had been cured first time but look ahead to this procedure with optimism and know that the odds are in your favor.
David has been in your shoes and is "on the other side" now and gave you good advice.

Best of luck,
Rita

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Wed May 24, 2017 5:16 pm

Everyone is different and has a different road to recovery so it's hard to compare yourself to others. You've got this! I'm rooting for you. Rita is correct in that the odds are in your favor! keep us posted on how things go.

sophie
Regular Contributor

Postby sophie » Wed May 24, 2017 5:29 pm

I totally understand your anxiety. Just focus on the good of this procedure and push everything else to the back of your mind. Good luck tomorrow, I hope it goes well for you.

Zapper
Regular Contributor

Postby Zapper » Wed May 24, 2017 8:23 pm

Thank you everyone. Just started my prep and feeling very ill.. nausea and the prep is already working after only one glass. Makes me worried about having to drink so many!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu May 25, 2017 10:29 pm

Zapper,
We have all had tondomthe same thing. Doubt if one glass would work that fast.

Know you are superv nervous. Try to relax. I know it is difficult to do.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”