can someone please give me some advice

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
txjoanna
Regular User

can someone please give me some advice

Postby txjoanna » Tue May 16, 2017 10:46 am

I had cdiff tested negative may 11 just been released from hospital yesterday. I went in because of abdominal pain and rectum pain. I had a colonoscopy and gd done while i was there they only kept me for two days. Early this morning I had stomach pain I had a bowel movement it was soft and mushy. Than lil later I passed only mucus and I saw a hint of pink I guess its blood. I wish they didn't release me too soon I'm really nervous and scared. I'm not sure if I need to go back to the ER since I got released yesterday. I don't like seeing a bunch of mucus. This makes me confused if cdiff trying to come back or its something else. When I see only muscus and hint of blood makes me wonder if I'm OK or do I need go to er :(

Musings
Regular Contributor

Re: can someone please give me some advice

Postby Musings » Tue May 16, 2017 12:53 pm

When did you have the colonoscopy done? The pink and mucus could be from biopsies taken as it's common for some bleeding and irritation for a few days afterwards.

~Lauren

txjoanna
Regular User

Postby txjoanna » Tue May 16, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi Lauren they did it the other day on the 14th and I got discharge yesterday. Yea they did a biopsy guess I it takes a week for result. I'm still confused why my stomach hurt still. I really hate this makes me feel like is this infection trying to come back or am I over here worrying too much. I see my GI within a week or two

Musings
Regular Contributor

Postby Musings » Tue May 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Know it is difficult but stress will have a direct affect on your GI and stomach so it is best to try and relax as much as possible. It is common to have mild bleeding for a few days after a colonoscopy (I did, personally) so if you are just seeing a few spots of pink I wouldn't be too concerned. Depending where your pain is, it could be trapped gas/air from the inflation of your GI so the colonoscopy can be performed.

Did you get a write-up after the colonoscopy of what they noted? I had one directly after mine stating that everything looked normal and had no signs of inflammation.

Hope you get answers soon.

~Lauren

txjoanna
Regular User

Postby txjoanna » Tue May 16, 2017 3:10 pm

Lauren when the Dr discharge me he said Everything look good no sigh of infection they did find two polyps and took biopsy from my large and small intestine. I have a follow up appt with GI within a week or two I really wished I was able to talk to them before I got discharged. I don't know if they checking me for IBS ibd or some type of colitis. Its just so discouraging when you see weird things in the toilet after you been fighting cdiff. I'll try and relax they gave me Dicyclomine for stomach pain I guess this med for IBS I'm gonna give it a try. And your right Lauren I really need to relax and thank you for responding:) :)

txjoanna
Regular User

Postby txjoanna » Thu May 18, 2017 8:29 am

I have a question I recently tested negative but I'm still having stomach pains and had D :( I think I'm relapsing should I go to er or am I just paranoid:/

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:15 am

If you are having watery D more than 3 times per day, 3 days in a row, with the urgency to go and feeling unwell, then you should call your doctor.

txjoanna
Regular User

Postby txjoanna » Thu May 18, 2017 10:27 am

Hi Lisa. I called my Dr left message. My Dr actually called me yesterday when I was home because I recently was in hospital for couple days. She told me in biopsy showing high inflammation in my intestine. So she wants to do a MRI before she starts treating me. I hope its not cdiff probably turn to something else I dunno. I'm just waiting for them to call me now. I feel like a burden and if I go to the hospital there probably gonna be like well here she is again:( I had loose stool than second time it was D laying here while my insides feel like its squeezing and cramping. I'm so frustrated!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri May 19, 2017 11:12 am

Try to stay positive. I'm not convinced that c-diff is returning. I always used to say to myself, if I'm questioning if this is c-diff again, it probably isn't because there was really no mistaken a full blown infection. I hope you feel better.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Fri May 19, 2017 10:47 pm

If D continues you should get stool tests done before an expensive test like an MRI. I relapsed after a scope, my GI put me on vanco, and I was cured.

txjoanna
Regular User

Postby txjoanna » Fri May 26, 2017 11:08 pm

Update: Well I'm not happy right now! In hospital got put under observation. Had a idiot Dr who tried to push me out the hospital because he figured since I tested negative on 11th of may nothing was wrong with me and well behold a week off antibiotics I gave them a stool sample and yup positive. I relapsed! And I fired that Dr sheesh he was rude. I'll be discussing a fmt with drs tomorrow I was on vanco taper didn't work obviously. Its OK because I'm prepared to fight this beast called cliff!

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sat May 27, 2017 2:54 am

Sorry to hear that you relapsed. Hopefully the medication will knock your symptoms down fast so you can at least have a relaxing Memorial Day. Hopefully your new doctor will be willing to prescribe Dificid.

txjoanna
Regular User

Postby txjoanna » Sat May 27, 2017 7:59 am

Hi Amy and thank you. Yesterday was a long day tried to explain to dr I don't feel good notice the past two days my appetite wasn't great experience lil nausea overall just feel like garbage. I knew something was wrong.Dr didn't believe me. I'm still in Hosp can't wait to explain my concerns to drs and of course I'm chewing someone out. I will ask about dificid
honestly I wanna go for fmt I'm tired. But I'm ready to fight this thing!

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat May 27, 2017 8:10 am

If by relapse you mean you have watery D then yes it's probably a relapse.
If you mean your testing positive but don't have much in the way of symptoms then that might NOT be a relapse.

txjoanna
Regular User

Postby txjoanna » Sat May 27, 2017 8:15 am

Hi Roy yes I had watery D couple times prior to being admitted but I'm also not feeling my best. Pcr test came back positive. Definitely relapse: ( here's the confusing part my stool sample wasn't D and it still came out positive!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”