can someone please give me some advice

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
roy
Administrator

Re: can someone please give me some advice

Postby roy » Sat May 27, 2017 8:35 am

Watery D 3x a day for 3 days or more indicates a relapse.
Testing positive is not unusual and is not reliable and should not form the diagnosis.
PCR can pick up c.diff in a healing gut.
Or detect the c.diff in a gut that's already dealing with it naturally.
2 water D episodes and "feeling off" is easily part of recovery.

txjoanna
Regular User

Postby txjoanna » Sat May 27, 2017 10:02 am

I'm sorry but I'm not feeling well I'm nauseous stomach pains I feel like I have the flu. I don't feel like eating. I am not about to leave this hospital feeling like this. I've tested negative 4 times this test came out positive. Not gonna walk around feeling like this with a positive cdiff test and tell myself I'm in recovery lol my biopsy showed high inflammation so Yea smh. I think I know that I'm infected you know why? Because I had cdiff 7 yrs ago and relaps three times before. So I'm no rookie. I know what I'm dealing with. And if anyone reads this and you feel ill and got Positive Cdiff please seek treatment Don't convince yourself your in recovery smh.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sat May 27, 2017 5:33 pm

I was nauseous and had no appetite through much of my early recovery and thought I was relapsing but wasn't.
My BMs were off for a very long time requiring medication for severe PI IBS.
I felt like crap and kept complaining I would never feel well again, but was having a very rocky recovery.
I am not saying that is your experience but saying please don't make that a blanket statement to all posters because recovery can be very tough and still be recovery, not a recurrence.
People should be treated on a the entire clinical picture not test results, and that includes the presences of multiple watery stools for 3 days as a general rule. While there might be exceptions, test results alone is not a reason for everyone to insist on being treated.

Rita

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat May 27, 2017 5:41 pm

In addition if you have 4 negatives and one positive what one is correct? What one do you act on?
That's why testing to prove a cure is frowned upon, too many variables.

txjoanna
Regular User

Postby txjoanna » Mon May 29, 2017 12:27 pm

Well u act apon the positive test since I'm having all symptoms. I'm getting treatment. Had relapsed that's just what it is.

txjoanna
Regular User

Postby txjoanna » Mon May 29, 2017 12:41 pm

Rita everybody body different. Nothing wrong stating if you feel ill and have positive test that you should seek treatment. Just my opinion you can take it or leave it. I been going through this for years you know your body and you know when something wrong. I'm blessed to have these amazing drs because if I didn't go to the hospital I would of gotten worse and being in the medical field I think I made the right call. And I'll say it again if you feel ill and having D pls seek medical attention.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Mon May 29, 2017 12:57 pm

I am locking this thread now as it's reached the 2 page limit.
Feel free to start a new thread with a new title.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”