Buyer Beware - Clorox Splash-less Bleach

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Healed
Regular User

Buyer Beware - Clorox Splash-less Bleach

Postby Healed » Tue May 02, 2017 5:58 am

All~
I had recently purchased a second bottle of Clorox Splash-less bleach. Mind you I had just finished up one bottle. And used it in my white clothes- bath towels and sheets and blanket, and of course, used it to clean and wiped down my bathroom and clean dishes. Well, a few days later, I happend to stumble reading on the back- And it states-- Not for sanitization or disinfection.
To sanitize and disinfect, use Clorox- Regular Bleach. Well, Of course, I go into a state of panic. I immediately return this second bottle to the grocery store and purchase the regular clorox bleach. But I also contacted the company and addressed to them that they either need to have that statement on the bottle in red lettering raised so the customer will be able to immediately read it or pull it from the shelves because it is false advertising. Now granted, it does contain Sodium hypchlorite (which I believe is the bleach) and sodium hydroxide. The customer service rep stated that because this particular brand hasn't been tested by the EPA, (enviromental protecrion agency) They are not able to brand the Clorox Splash-less - as a sanitizer and disinfectant. I let her know that people are fighting nasty infections and don't want to spread germs.

kamuelxx
Brand New Poster

Re: Buyer Beware - Clorox Splash-less Bleach

Postby kamuelxx » Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:15 am

I would like to hear about this issue.

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Re: Buyer Beware - Clorox Splash-less Bleach

Postby OCmama » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:39 pm

We had the same thing happen during our infection :-/

Bobbie
Administrator