Stomach feels expanded always has since gallbladder surgery

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:07 pm

GinnyAllen,
Read Dr. Borody's article on C. diff. and the first three posts in this forum. They will answer most of your questiions about hygiene, etc.

Do be careful about taking antibiotics again. Some can take them without a reoccurence of C. diff., but many can't.

Some of your questions are medical ones, and this isn't a medical site. Many people do have a distended abdomen, but perhaps your surgery is adding to your problems. Several who post on this site had gallbladder surgery and can answer this question better than I can.

If Flagyl doesn't "cure" your C. diff. or you have side effects from it, suggest Vanco. to your doc., but check your insurance policy first as it is very expensive. Flagyl works for many people, however. Keep in mind 80% of people recover with one to two rounds of Vanco. or Flaygl. You've just had two ordeals -- surgery & C. diff. Give your body time to heal.

Copy Dr. Borody's article and take it to your doc. Smart woman to have your medical records from the hospital sent to him.

GinneyEllen
New User

Bobbie

Postby GinneyEllen » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:15 am

Thank you so much for your response. I know I sound like a paranoid fool. I just want to avoid the hospital and not ever get that ill again. Thank you for the information. I will copy the article and give to my Dr as well.

Ginney

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:27 pm

GinneyEllen,
You are not being paranoid. Most of us feel the same way.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”