I'm too young for this.

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Zapper
Regular Contributor

Re: I'm too young for this.

Postby Zapper » Mon May 15, 2017 10:48 pm

You are far from alone!
I'm a 29 yr old female battling c diff for 18 months with 5 relapses!! When I relapsed after my FMT a few weeks ago I was absolutely devistated... I crawled into an emotional pit that my husband helped me out of little by little each day. This sickness is no joke and unfortunately most people do not understand what we are going through physically and emotionally.. I love this site- it's so nice to know there are others going thru it or have gone thru it that can help you along the way.
I hope after this 2nd FMT I can finally be on the other side and just sharing info/my recovery story! Fingers crossed...

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Wed May 17, 2017 8:57 am

Please all read Bobbie's post. You are all each other's best supports, although of course we are all here to help you.
And remember you will all get well eventually although the road may be long for some. It helps to hear that from those who have had those experiences. It helped me survive.
And for those who need extra support please consider seeing a therapist and/or taking prescribed medication. There is a place for everything.

Rita

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:52 pm

It has also touched me to see so many young people suffering in this thread. (I myself am 45, solidly middle-aged!).

What I would like to say is that some societies (i.e. USA, where I live) do their members a great disservice in promulgating the belief that illnesses are for the elderly. As I get older, my frame of reference has definitely changed. When I was young, I thought perfect health was the normal state of things. I took it for granted and I didn't do much to maintain it. Now that I'm older, my perspective has changed. Having a thing or two, or more, wrong is the normal state of affairs for myself and most of my friends.

The truth is, many, many people of all ages struggle horribly with illnesses in their life. There is this myth in our society that if you're young, you're healthy. If this is a person's first bout with disability, it can be a shock, and I think that's due to the myth. There is a whole large population that suffers because they're disabled and "invisible." I have a few other health conditions and have only recently started to consider myself a member of the disabled community, which has actually been empowering rather than limiting.

While definitely less pleasant than being well, I try to see the bright side to having an illness. It is not to be dreaded because it develops compassion towards oneself and others. Those are very valuable qualities for society as a whole. Take that and make something positive and beautiful with it, if you can.
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

kmr92
New User

Postby kmr92 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:53 pm

I can relate to you on multiple levels. I'm 24 and also have struggled with anxiety/depression most of my life and c diff has definitely exacerbated my anxiety like never before. Know you are not alone in this. It's a struggle most days for me too, feeling like life is passing you by and you can't enjoy the things you used to. Hang in there. It will get better.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”