I am FED UP!

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
amyc
Long Time Contributor

Re: I am FED UP!

Postby amyc » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:48 pm

We had a poster a few years ago who had relapsing C diff and chrons and she was cured of both by FMT. She was young also. If you get another positive C diff test, I would really recommend you try the FMT.

MKW
Regular Contributor

Postby MKW » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:04 pm

Hi, I am not a medical professional... but common sense would lead to the conclusion that an FMT would be worth a shot to improve your condition. I mean you know your gut flora is wrecked and not healthy and good bacteria aren't present regardless of how you are currently testing for C Diff.
Replenishing good bacteria couldn't harm you right. And it might help you.
I had an FMT on March 2nd after three recurrences. I feel amazingly better since I had it done. I just had a check up with my doc that did the procedure last Friday. I was telling the med student that works with her how much better I feel than when I had been C Diff free following antibiotic treatment. I feel healthy. I can't explain it. I still could recur, but I feel totally different. Also, I have put on weight and didn't following antibiotic treatment. I asked how changing the bacteria in my colon which supposedly only absorbs water is effecting my ability to put on weight. He was saying it's possible that when the colon remains in an unhealthy state following C Diff that it continues to tell the brain something is wrong, and thus effects function of the small intestine. Also, your immune response in your entire GI tract could be out of whack due to having C Diff. So, it's possible an FMT could help your condition in general and effect more of your GI function than your colon.
I am so sorry you are going through this and you are young. But that also means you have more potential to heal and recover than an older person.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:28 am

You have every right to feel depressed as this is a depressing disease for most of us , but you have to get some help with that as depression can also affect immune response. You need to get your life back and to remember that even with Cdiff , you can still have a life. There are lots of posters that are dealing with both Crohn and Cdiff and they got well. One FMT won't be enough to cure both Cdiff and Crohn , you will need medication as well , you just need to find the right treatment. And you need to do something about that depression , go get help from a therapist or a psychiatrist.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:55 pm

We did have a poster who had Crohn's and then got c difficile and kept relapsing with it. She had FMT done for the c diff, but her Crohn 's was cured, or at least put into remission as well. She was around 21 or 22 and went on to lead a normal life and got married.

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:28 am

Beth - I am FB friends with her. : ) She is doing great! She said she still has Crohn's but she has a wonderful job, recently got married and you would never know she had it. My father has Crohn's as well (he was diagnosed at 50) and he is also doing great! He, thankfully, has never had to take any of the biologic drugs although they work great for lots of people (he is on two pills and one is a type of anti-inflammatory) or have any surgeries.

Rom - I'm so sorry you're dealing with this but this is a great place for support. Take one day (or moment) at a time. Hugs!
Last edited by NikaNik on Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Romgirl, look ahead....
Before you were sick and depressed and had no idea why you were feeling ill. Now there is a name to the cause and you should be prepared to fight. As you have correctly been told, there are many medical weapons today so you have a great chance of doing well. Time to look ahead to your future and I wish you well.
Rita

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”