Fmt number 2 on Thursday

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Fmt number 2 on Thursday

Postby beth22 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:45 am

How did your FMT go David?

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi Beth, I think it went well. I posted a play by play in the fmt discussion section. I think I'm feeling better than I did after the last time. I'm still retaining the donation and on day 3 now. Last time that was impossible to go longer than 1 hour. I'm trying to be positive and not look into every little sensation. Crossing my fingers for sure though.

amg
Regular Contributor

Postby amg » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:27 pm

So glad to hear thing went well, David. I've been hoping and praying for you. Hang in there. Hoping second time's a charm!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Happy to hear that, David. I was praying for you as well. Don't get nervous if you get D or other symptoms. After FMT bms can be all over the place for a while and it takes time for your intestines to settle down. Introduce new foods slowly.

Zapper
Regular Contributor

Postby Zapper » Wed May 03, 2017 10:33 pm

David, was the 2nd FMT so far a success??

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Sat May 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi zapper,
I'm cautiously optimistic. Thank you for checking in. It is now a little over 10 weeks since my fmt. I've had good days and bad days but nothing that has caused me to feel the need to get tested. so I'm just trying to stay positive and work on my mental health. My Dr isn't testing for cure so I'm going based on symptoms. One day at a time but I have been adding to my diet and feel more optimistic with each week that passes. Trying to put as much distance between meds as possible to give my good Flora a chance to rebuild.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun May 07, 2017 2:10 am

Glad to hear you are doing better, David. Come back and update us. Hopefully, you will keep adding more foods and your GI system will get back to normal. It does take a while and as you have seen, there are good days and bad.

Zapper
Regular Contributor

Postby Zapper » Sun May 07, 2017 9:55 pm

So glad to hear your on the road to recovery david. I hate to say my 1st FMT just failed 10 days in. Ended up back in the ER and got my positive test. Looks like I will also have a 2nd FMT and praying for success this time around.

txjoanna
Regular User

Postby txjoanna » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:18 am

Hi zapper and David. I just had a FMT yesterday they told me to rest a couple days and take it easy, but I was so knocked out afterwards I didn't get to really ask questions. So what do you guys recommend eating? They told me to go back to regular diet. I laughed because I sure do want some pizza but I know I probably can't do that now :/... As far my anxiety its there but not as bad. I feel like this is a waiting game like how long after a fmt are you in the clear?? David its been 10 weeks for you and that's awesome! Guess I'll keep taking it day by day trying to be positive about this fmt:)

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:13 pm

Txjoanna, you should look at the dates of the posts. It has not been 10 weeks for David at this point. He posted that back on May 7 so quite a bit of time has passed. If you don't get a response you might try to send a PM or look for a post from someone who has had a FMT with a track record a bit more recently.

It just so happens that David stays pretty active on this site so you may well hear from him but many of the older posters do not so this this is good advice. And good luck with your FMT. Hope this is your cure.

Rita

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:11 pm

Thank you for the kind words Txjoanna. It's been about 17 weeks for me at this point. I'm glad to hear you had an fmt and hopefully that does the trick for you. As far as eating goes I was told to resume normal eating but to avoid alcohol, too much sugar, and certain dairy as it was possible it could irritate or cause some off days in recovery. I would say eat a well balanced diet and try new things slowly don't overdo it. Moderation while we baby our guts. As far as being in the clear I think the more time that goes by and the longer we go the less likely it is to have a reinfection or relapse. I hope you have an uneventful recovery and take it one day at a time :)
All the best David

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:07 am

David, glad you are doing well.

Host24
New User

Postby Host24 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:12 am

Happy to know that you are doing well bro. Please stay away from sugar from now. These things can foster more Candida issue

http://healthiack.com/health/what-is-no ... ugar-level

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:32 pm

Good luck, David.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”