Are you kidding me?!

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
KLor
Contributor

Are you kidding me?!

Postby KLor » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:05 am

Tonight is...bad. I just needed to talk about it somewhere. I have been off vanco for 1 week now. I have been feeling consistently better and better. Near-normal stools! Healthy appetite! Limited food sensitivities! It's been great. Until...about 8:30 tonight. Then the going started. And it hasn't stopped yet.

No WD, but 8 times in 2 hours feels like a lot. Can IBS do this? I am so sick of going. I don't even want to SEE another toilet for as long as I live! I'm sick of the smell of bleach, I'm sick of my overwashed dry hands, I'm just sick and tired and so, so angry at this illness. That I may or may not even have tonight! Who knows? I'm frustrated and confused.

Anyway, I know there's nothing productive for anyone else in this post. I just needed to let some of the frustration out. Thanks for providing a space for that.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Are you kidding me?!

Postby Bobbie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:24 am

We all feel the same way.

Vent away! You deserve to do so.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:43 am

8 BM in two hourse sounds like a relapse to me , don't think is IBS.Go back to your doctor!

KLor
Contributor

Postby KLor » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:43 pm

I appreciate that Bobbie, thank you. Thanks for your concern as well, georgina, but it's entirely gone now and stool is back to normal. To be fair, I had a waaaay too rich meal about 2 days prior to that episode. I'm not surprised it happened. Still waiting, watching, and worrying though. Hopefully I'll breathe a little easier 2 weeks out.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:34 pm

Klor: Early recovery can be a very rocky road. Actually, for just being off Vanco one week, it sounds to me like you are doing pretty good (especially, since you are feeling better now and can trace it back to a case of poor food choices). If you do not have WD 3 x/day for 3 days, you are probably not having a relapse. Just be careful with your eating and don't overdue it. Good luck!
Aloha,
Anne

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:59 am

If you feel like symptoms are subsiding you can hold back on treatment.Try sticking to a bland diet , is too early to indulge in yummi foods, you gut is not healed yet and it takes more then a week to be healed, and maybe try a probiotic.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:32 am

Good food will punish you. It's basic bland food for quite a while, or at least it was for most of us.
It might be boring but it allows your gut to heal.

Did I miss it or did you not post your dad's test results? I assume he was negative anyway or I would have noticed that for sure.
Rita

KLor
Contributor

Postby KLor » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:41 pm

I think things are mostly on a healing path. Gastroenterologist said today that he doesn't think treatment is indicated, thinks all this is probably PI-IBS. I've been chanting "3 day rule" like a hex against anxiety! I will still probably scour the TMI board to make sure of things, but...I think I'm on the right path. 200 billion CFUs in probiotics a day, plus kefir, plus kombucha, plus kimchi, plus whatever else my health food store slaps a "probiotic" label on this week :p I just ordered Florastor to add to the mix as well. I am NOT getting this thing back!

Yes, my Dad was negative! Thank you for checking back. I was just so panicked at that time, imagining someone I love getting this cursed infection from me. A good lesson about worries not always coming to fruition in there...and even if they do, I can't say the worrying stops them.

One day at a time. 3 times x 3 days until a doctor.

Thanks all for your caring and support.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”