Vent - I'll keep it short

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
okaylo
Regular Contributor

Re: Vent - I'll keep it short

Postby okaylo » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:05 pm

That's what I want to do but my parents told me to give it a rest with the bleach and I don't need it anymore. My therapist told me to stay away from the bleach and let it go. I know mentally if I don't clean it, I'm going to continue worrying and obsessing. But I don't want to have to throw away the plunger, the soap, the shirts that touched the sink handle, my hamper they're in, the jacket I wore last night, and wash the blankets and bedding I slept in and so on. Then clean the sink, faucet, countertop, and toilet again. This is just pure insanity. I know I have to let the cleaning go but I also don't feel safe unless I do it. I also know it's impossible to continue on throwing things away whenever I get upset, I'll have nothing left. I don't need anyone to tell me I need to get on meds and psychiatric care. I'm just letting my thoughts out.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:55 pm

Why don't you keep a journal and record everything there? Then you can read it and post only thise things that are the most important. Writing can be cathartic.

okaylo
Regular Contributor

Postby okaylo » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:25 am

I have a journal and write in it often. I also make negative/positive charts in which I write down the negative theoughs and replace them with positive ones. It helps. Thanks Bobbie!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”