So worried

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
jds0870
Regular Contributor

So worried

Postby jds0870 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:22 pm

Hello everyone. I wish I could catch a break. My doctor called Wednesday night Andrew said I have a uti. Yay me. He prescribed Macrobid. I've only taken 3 doses and today wd 5 times. Seriously hope this is not causing a relapse. I don't even want to finish it. I'm so irritated. I'm praying this is just upset because my stomach is sensitive. The worst though is my youngest who is almost 7 woke up in excruciating pain last night so I rushed her to er her little right side of her face was so swollen. She was diagnosed with acute parotitis. Infection in the parotid gland. I don't even know how she got it. It's usually associated with mumps and she's vaccinated. They put her on Keflex for 7 days. I want to scream. It's a huge c diff offender and she's been with me through all my c diff what if she swallowed a spore. If she gets c diff I will freak. I love her and I am so worried about her little body. I don't know what to do with the macro I will freak if I relapse from it. Please pray for my baby I had to give her the abx she was hurting so much. Sh a only taken abx twice. Once when she was 1 and again when she was 4...amoxicillin both times. My uti was cultured so I know it was a true positive. I'm supposed to take it for 7 days 100mg two times a day. Worried

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Re: So worried

Postby amyc » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:32 am

Keflex is a first generation cephalosporin, so not a huge offender. Macrobid is on the safe list, so hopefully you are just stressed out. My kids have both taken antibiotics several times since I had C diff and had no problems so try to not worry too much!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:33 am

I'm so sorry this is happening JDS , i know you are worried but please know that not everyone who is on antibiotics and swallows Cdiff spores developes the disease. You can start giving her probiotics along with the antibiotic and some kefir in the morning.
About your problem , if i remember corectly you were given Macrobid before and it did not cause a relapse , hope you will tolerate it well this time around.
Praying for both of you!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:54 am

I am very prone to c diff - 4 bouts; first lasted four years - and I also have frequent UTIs and IC - interstitial cystitis. I have been on Macrobid numerous times without a problem and take a preventative dose every night. It is effective against most E. coli infections and most can tolerate it. I had a chronically ill
son so know how upset you are.

Prayers and good thoughts for both of you.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:00 am

jds

Sorry you and your child are ill, as far as the Macrobid, as you can see many have taken it on the site with no issues so hopefully it will clear the UTI and you will feel better soon.
I am allergic to it so I have been on Keflex twice...thankfully no issues. I know that told fear takes over each time I think I might needs antibiotics but push through it and hopefully you will both be feeling well soon
Keep us updated
NanciT

jds0870
Regular Contributor

Postby jds0870 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:17 pm

Thank you everyone. Both my girls have been on probiotics since I Found out I had c diff. So far no D from her. I just worry for her. Hopefully it clears and she doesn't need surgery. Having wd today too. Hopefully just from
It upsetting my stomach and from me being pregnant. I know I have to finish the course or it could come back worse. I read D can be a side effect and if I remember correctly it gave me d last time. But I'm cramping and having wd today. I just want to relax and enjoy the girls and being pregnant but it seems something always has to pop up. I wish there was a true vaccination or cure. Even having the fmts I now have horrible ibs. Thank you for listening everyone when I went to give her the first dose I probably looked at the bottle for ten minutes before giving it to her.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:29 pm

I am so sorry jds. You have so much going on right now. Take one day at a time. As the others said, Macrobid is a low offender, so hopefully you get through it just fine and you get rid of the UTI. And, I know how nervous you must be about your daughter being sick and having to take an antibiotic. The good thing is that she has been on probiotics, so that should help. I'm sure she will be just fine. My daughter has been on antibiotics several times, including right now actually, and she did just fine. I give her probiotics during and after antibiotic courses. I will keep you in my thoughts that the both of you get through these antibiotics just fine and your infections are cleared up. Stay strong.

Lisa

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”