Rant about my Mother-In-Law!

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Rant about my Mother-In-Law!

Postby Dobies#1 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:55 am

The in laws came to our house for Thanksgiving, and are leaving today. Thank goodness! They think I'm worthless, especially my MIL. Nobody is good enough for her son. Ugh! Anyway, last night she said I need to take my antibiotic. I said you're on antibiotics? She said yes for a bladder infection. My FIL said she's on antibiotics every other week! He said she goes in, they give her a shot, and pills! He said I can't figure it out! She is a hypochondriac and he gets frustrated. I said I'm surprised she hasn't got C Diff. He said well her stomach is always messed up. I do notice every time they leave our house that the toilet is always gross so I bleach everything down. I wash all the bedding and their towels with bleach too. Anyway, I'm a bit concerned of picking something up from her because she never washes her hands, even after she uses the bathroom, including when she goes number 2!! I wash my hands even more when they're here and bleach everything I can when they leave but they've been here since Tuesday. Ugh. I guess my other rant is that her doctor shells out antibiotics to her like candy! Guess that's a lot of doctor's problem though. Also my husband has surgery Monday for a fistula and will get antibiotics I'm sure. Please say a prayer for him. Thanks for listening!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Rant about my Mother-In-Law!

Postby beth22 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:18 pm

So sorry that you had such a stressful week. Hopefully, your MIL just has an upset stomach from the antibiotics and nothing worse. You do the right thing with cleaning after they leave - can't really do much more.

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Re: Rant about my Mother-In-Law!

Postby iamsick » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:04 pm

I hear ya Dobies! Don't you just love family, lol. I can relate. I have family members under my roof like that. Gotta love them, but, it does cause high anxiety!
Teresa_68

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”