Give up

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
WestMass
New User

Re: Give up

Postby WestMass » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:22 pm

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I feel your pain. It's so very depressing. I would for a second opinion right away. My ID dr said that she has 100% cure rate with FMT!!! 100%!!!!! That is one of the only things that keeps me positive.

ashtontw
Regular Contributor

Postby ashtontw » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:16 am

Thank you! My new GI has given me a referral for an FMT with a very well known doctor in Port Charlotte. They have been a nightmare to get ahold of and schedule a consult, though. If they don't answer or call back tomorrow after a week, I'm gonna suck up the hour drive and show up at their office to schedule. I can't get it done until I have the money but I wanna get the consult out of the way. My work is amazing and is hosting a bikini car wash to help me raise money for my FMT, I'm so blessed to have such supportive bosses.

Are you scheduled for yours? How long have you had C Diff now? It's been since June for me and 4 relapses in. 2 GIs and 1 ID doc it took me to get a referral.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:45 am

WestMass,
Cure rate of 100 per cent probably not realistic. Usually 92 to 94 per cent.

Ashton,
Bikini car wash! You are indeed fortunate. Years ago, c diff patients told few about their infection. It is a brave new world

God luck to both of you.

ashtontw
Regular Contributor

Postby ashtontw » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:30 am

Bobbie,

It's definitely nerve wracking to tell people. But I've been dealing with it for so long, everyone wants to know what the heck is actually going on with me. I'm really lucky to have such a supportive work place.

Dating has been hard too. I'm trying to live as normal of a life as I can. I've been fortunate that no one has treated me like a leper about it yet.

The girls at work all say "how are you working? I'd be in bed crying" and I say trust me, the first two times that is literally all I did. I have to pick up and press on and work to make money for my FMT and pray it's my cure.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”